Pearland Town Center At 11200 Broadway St.

kzseattle

I work in this wasteland and I hate going out for lunch. It takes a minimum hour and a half just because of the traffic and lights on 518. I don't mind much if margaritas are involved though. McHard/SC Parkway/2234 is even worse. Still only 2 lanes, long stupid lights that are red when no one is even around the cross street, and so many construction vehicles that it has a constant layer of dirt/mud. My car will never stay clean. If they build me a wings 'n' things (but not on 518) I might complain less. Maybe.

Gringo's is the most mediocre to bad nice Tex-Mex restaurant in town. They spend all their money on decor and apparently nothing on the menu. Yuk.

I've only eaten at the one in Texas City (my hometown). I left wondering what all the fuss was about. It's maybe a step above Casa Ole, which to me is a little like eating frozen "Mexican" food from Kroger.

A little story about Gringo's you may not know about. The original name for Gringo's was to be Pinche's, TRUE STORY ! The City of Webster said, "NO WAY JOSE !", for obvious reasons, so Gringo's was the substitute. The original owner was the owner of The Mason Jar. He REALLY wanted that name.

Edited by TJones

A little story about Gringo's you may not know about. The original name for Gringo's was to be Pinche's, TRUE STORY ! The City of Webster said, "NO WAY JOSE !", for obvious reasons, so Gringo's was the substitute. The original owner was the owner of The Mason Jar. He REALLY wanted that name.

not sure they are related. there is a pinche's in webster.

Hmmmmmm, is Pinche's in Webster on 45 south and attached to a Mason Jar ?

This is it. The place is there. Apparently they ended up saying "Yes way, Jose."

If I start a Tex-Mex place it'll be called Pendejo's. The envelope has been pushed...

Russell Ybarra owns Gringo's.

His dad, Eugene Ybarra, owns El Toro.

Who is the original owner you mention?

I hadn't heard that either Ybarra owned a Mason Jar.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was a teenager I lived in San Antonio across from the future site of Ingram Park Mall. The same strategy -- construction over time and a "staged" opening of stores -- was used there. It was 1978, I think, and Sears and Penney's opened in time for the Christmas shopping season. The rest of the mall was ready a little later.

The same thing is happening here, with a few major anchors (the hotel? Macy's?) first. It's likely that most of the stores will be open in time for your holiday shopping.

What I'm **really** hoping for is some way to get from Southern Trails to the Pearland TC without having to drive on 518. I've seen a map showing that a future section of Southern Trails will have a road leading out to Kirby. At the very least, there should be a sidewalk between Southern Trails and the TC when the 518 is widened.

What I'm **really** hoping for is some way to get from Southern Trails to the Pearland TC without having to drive on 518. I've seen a map showing that a future section of Southern Trails will have a road leading out to Kirby. At the very least, there should be a sidewalk between Southern Trails and the TC when the 518 is widened.

Keep your eyes on Summerbloom Lane. It's a stub now, but it is pointed east right at Kirby. Even if it doesn't connect to Kirby, it could connect to another road that might.

I think I know that map you are talking about, Wayne G. gave me one too. It shows a new road stretching southeast, beginning at the ST Rec Center/pool and curving over to connect with Kirby. That one seems definite.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Looks like CBL updated their website with a new page, new site plan, etc. That building on the east side of the PTC is a Red Lobster.

See the link and enjoy:

http://www.cbldevelopment.com/pearland/

One more thing, check out the leasing plan (.pdf) for a detailed listing of stores some have not been mentioned, like Disney, Sephora, and other restaurants.

Looks like CBL updated their website with a new page, new site plan, etc. That building on the east side of the PTC is a Red Lobster.

It seems weird that the site plan would show the Red Lobster, yet its name wouldn't appear on the list of restaurants. I'm happy it's coming, though!

Are my eyes deceiving me? Is that a Berryhill I see on the site plan? That has long been on my wishlist. Let the parties begin!

I actually don't see Berryhill listed on the maps...

Overall, I'm still slightly disappointed by the list of stores. I'm over the age of 21 so I was hoping for some more adult stores than Chico's or Hollister. Specifically, it would be nice if there was a Jcrew or Banana Republic. But thank goodness for a book store!