Pearland Town Center At 11200 Broadway St.

kzseattle

• 4 weeks later...
Just joined the forum, what a great opportunity.

In regards the the Lifestyle Center, there is speculation that project may not kick-off because of another possible center further south on 288 near 518.

Hmmm, I have heard of the one that's planned at BW 8 and Pearland Parkway. The one for which I posted the link was planned for BW 8 and 288. Are you saying that yet another one is being proposed at 288 near 518? That would make it the third potential Lifestyle center in Pearland area!

Hmmm, I have heard of the one that's planned at BW 8 and Pearland Parkway. The one for which I posted the link was planned for BW 8 and 288. Are you saying that yet another one is being proposed at 288 near 518? That would make it the third potential Lifestyle center in Pearland area!

Hmm, if you triangulated those three locations youd be right on top of my residence.

Pearland has built up so much lately. The only thing lacking that I can think of off the top of my head is a good bookstore. (am I always talking about book stores?... geez what a nerd)

The Big Box stores at 288 and 518 are all built up. Movie theatre is next. Sugarland part deux.

SuperTarget

Walmart

Kohls

Linens'n'things

Best Buy

Circuit City

Pier One

PetSmart (or Petco... whatever)

Home Depot

Ross (or Marshalls.. hmm I think Ross)

Bed Bath and Beyond

HBJ article from April 2003 << Talks about Memorial Hermann looking into the sight aswell.

While I don't plan on living in Pearland much longer but it does look like my ex is going to stay there and therefore my little girl is going to be raised there. My main wishes for the area are sidewalks and buses down 518.

Ok my favorite quote from the link above,

"Pearland is really growing," says Colliers International broker Charles Herder, who represents Memorial Hermann. "The intersection of 288 and 518 now looks like the corner of San Felipe and Voss. Big Boxes are all fighting for a position in that area."

LOL. There must be a San Felipe and Voss in another city he is talking about. :)

288 and 518 is the intersection of a highway and a country road with open ditch drainage.

I hope the 288 and BW8 happens.  The area is kind of dead.  What are those yellow townhomes that can be seen from the freeway, with single family homes behind it.  It is kind of in the middle of nowhere.

I'm not sure on those exactly but a friend of mine did just have a house built back there. I could inquire if you like.

• 4 months later...
i read that dillard's and foleys has signed on to anchor this project

Okay, why is Foley's still opening new stores? I know they're also opening a new one in The Shops at La Cantera in SA and plan on opening one in some new retail project in Austin. Is Macy's keeping the Foley's brand around now? I thought they were converting some Foley's to Macy's and closing the rest.

Okay, why is Foley's still opening new stores? I know they're also opening a new one in The Shops at La Cantera in SA and plan on opening one in some new retail project in Austin.  Is Macy's keeping the Foley's brand around now? I thought they were converting some Foley's to Macy's and closing the rest.

i don't know. my thoughts exactly.

This is so beautiful! Pearland is really growing! Check out the developments in the area...

1. Pearland Town Center - 700,000 square foot open air mall.

2. Proposed 600,000 square feet of retail space by WCF Development.

3. Promenade Shops at Shadow Creek - 800,000 square foot open air mall.

4. The Crossing at 518 - 500,000 square feet retail space by the end of this year. 350,000 square feet of retail space already completed.

Okay, why is Foley's still opening new stores? I know they're also opening a new one in The Shops at La Cantera in SA and plan on opening one in some new retail project in Austin.  Is Macy's keeping the Foley's brand around now? I thought they were converting some Foley's to Macy's and closing the rest.

The merger is not complete yet. So in the meantime, it's business as usual for both companies. If everything goes as scheduled, this new "Foley's" store will probably never open as a "Foley's" but will be a Macy's on opening day.

Guest danax
Maybe if you're lucky, they'll put in an Aquarium with an observation tower.

Now that's entertainment!

Red, why, people demand more these days. I hear Fertitta is opening up a Mexican restaurant....... with juggling mariachis on unicycles. :P

just kidding, people.

are you guys serious? i am not a fan of lifestlye centers, but some of these things listed are not even lifestly centers. crossing at 518? that is nothing more than a stripmall similar to town center in sugar land, not town square, but town center.

i will have to check out a "lifestyle center" before i say too much about it, but they sound kind of creepy to me...

with terms like "Creating Lifestyles" and "designed to promote a sense of shelter, safety and belonging," (from the poag and mcewan site) it sounds either Sim-ish or slightly psychotic (promoting a sense of "belonging" in a shopping center...haha)

:rolleyes:

'Lifestyle Center' creeps me out, too. Maybe most of all, is the 'lifestyle' of shopping and spending money. Is that what we have devolved to? Shopping as entertainment has always struck me as odd, but to now call it a lifestyle signals something more sinister.

lifestyle center is just a marketing term to make people think it is a little upscale but not too much. Lifestyle center has nothing to do with urbanity or density. It's going into the trend that makes strips centers more appealing than older ones. It's also more attractive and cheaper to operate than traditional malls.

Just call it a fancy strip center. Anyway, I'm happy for Pearland. Now it seems you can live out there and not travel far for most conveniences. They have all the restraunts and stores that most suburbanites like to go too. Good for them.

I still say the best idea for an observation tower (assuming that the MLS stadium reconfiguration of the Astrodome doesn't work out) would be at Reliant Park, where the Astrodome now sits. Use the current structure as the base, with shops, novelty stores, and what have you, then have the tower rising from the center fo the "disk" at about 300 feet.

As it relates to Pearland, you could at least see the lifestyle centers, strip malls, big box malls, hospitals and Shaq's unbuilt home just south of there--but more importantly, it would give you some great views of DT, the TMC, Greenway, Uptown and Clear Lake.

Lifestyle Centers are the next mecca folks, they building them everywhere. Tell you the turth, I like them better then malls.

2 big lifestyle centers going up in pearland.

Proposed lifestyle centers at northline and northwest mall.

Simon Property Group purpose building a 1,000,000 square foot mall off of Katy Freeway near Cinemark Theaters. Currently under construction with the J.C. Penney Store.

Say it with me RedScare... NOW THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT!