Pearland Town Center Developments

kzseattle

Guest danax
Lifestyle Centers are the next mecca folks, they building them everywhere. Tell you the turth, I like them better then malls.

It is an improvement over the indoor mall, just as the mall seemed an improvement over the old idea of shopping in the heart of the city. I never really liked the idea of going to a mall to buy one thing either. It was always a challenge trying to figure out which entrance was closer. I guess it was a sign of the mall's imminent decline to see it filled with more teenagers than adults.

They are popular now, until something better takes their place or until density causes them to become economically obsolete. Dense areas won't be able to afford such space-wasting developments.

Yeah, Willie G's is actually lot better than Pappadeaux's. Willie G's doesn't over season and call it Cajun/Creole like other places.

Oh, by the way, Cajun food is not supposed to be spicy. Creole is another thing though.

Right now, block writer. I have no clue where about in Pearland. I've seen it in the OVG MAGZINE (Official Visitors Guide) Summer 2005. They lisited the opening soon and current restaurants. That's where I've seen Vic & Anthony's, and Willie G's opening soon in Pearland.

Thanks for the information Houston Semi-Pro. I am just happy to have a little diversity in the restaurant selection in Pearland.

I'll be visiting Pearland soon. Pearland is just amazing to me, fast growing pace. I remember Pearland was nothing but weeds everywhere, and now they have all of the popular resturants in texas today. All they need now is Pappas, Pappasdeaux, or Pappas Bar-be-que.

Remember, I told y'all the next mall in Houston will be in Pearland, and I've got double the pleasure, they building two instead.

Yeah, Willie G's is actually lot better than Pappadeaux's. Willie G's doesn't over season and call it Cajun/Creole like other places.

Oh, by the way, Cajun food is not supposed to be spicy. Creole is another thing though

The only thing I really like at Pappadeaux's is thier crawfish bisque, and dipping their bread in it. I haven't been to very many seafood restaurants here, I don't eat it often, but so far I think Willie G's is my favorite. I've been told I need to try Goode Company Seafood though.

They have started clearing land at NW corner of 518 and 288. Best I can tell this will be "Pearlad Town Center" and will be anchored by Dillards (Fall 2008) and Foley's (2009).

Promenade will be at SW corner of 288 and 8, anchored by Bass Pro Shops with plans for another movie theatre (Cinemark just opened at SE corner of 288 and 518). There will either be a new grocery store in this section or at the north entrance of Shadow Creek Ranch - either another Kroger or hopefully an HEB (but probably not a central market).

They also just started on a Walgreens that will be at the NE corner of 518 and Kirby (back entrance to SCR).

Strip center on the south side of 518 south of SCR has also broke ground and there is a Church that went up quickly just a little west of that.

Place is gonna be a mad house for the next few years....

Correction: The Town Center mall will be on the SW side of 518 and 288.

The NW side is owned by a man named "FOX" and this article just says it will be "retail". I can confirm he began clearing it last week and the buldozers are working today.

Seems like a ton of retail in one area....and they are going to have to do something about 518 west of 288. It's a two lane country road with no shoulder.

Biz Journal Article

• 2 weeks later...

Pearland Getting Mall,

Foley's & Dillard's

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.-- CBL & Associates Properties is developing a new mall in Pearland with Dillard's and Foley's. The project will be called Pearland Town Center.

CBL's latest retail development will feature the two anchor stores, Foley's and Dillard's, junior anchors for sporting goods, books and electronics plus more than 300,000 sf of specialty shops and restaurants. Located just south of Houston, the 700,000-sf open-air regional shopping center will offer the best mix of retail, entertainment and restaurants and is scheduled to open in Fall 2008. Foley's is scheduled to open in 2009.

"With the commitment from the two major department stores, Foley's and Dillard's, plus the ideal location, we are excited to move this project forward and bring a unique, open-air shopping center to the community," said Stephen Lebovitz, president of CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. "With a market population of nearly 450,000 people that is predicted to grow significantly in the next ten years, Pearland Town Center is positioned to become the area's primary retail destination."

It will be located at FM 518 and Highway 288. The shopping center will cover more than 110 acres. Dean Lane of NewQuest handled the land sale.

Lebovitz added, "Pearland Town Center's location is one of its greatest assets. The open-air shopping center will be centrally located within the area's tremendous population and residential growth and will be immediately adjacent to one of south Houston's premier housing developments, Shadow Creek Ranch. With our dominant location, we look forward to announcing more stores, restaurants and entertainment options in the future."

The new two-story, 150,000-sf Foley's is specifically designed to respond to the growth of suburban off-mall "lifestyle" centers and the customer's desire for more convenient shopping. The store will be innovative and compact, with an easy-to-shop format including features such as wider aisles, brighter lighting, and exciting visual graphics.

"Foley's is pleased to be part of such an exciting shopping environment," said Drew Pickman, president and chief executive officer of Foley's. "Foley's Pearland Center will be our 17th location in the Houston area. Pearland is an important and growing community and this new store presents an excellent opportunity to showcase our quality merchandise and service to even more Houston-area customers."

Foley's will offer merchandise assortments that meet customer needs regardless of age or lifestyle, while continuing Foley's long-standing tradition of providing superior quality, value, and service. The merchandising mix will include apparel for women, men, teens, and children, as well as accessories, cosmetics and an extensive collection of merchandise for the home including textiles, small electrics and cookware.

The new two-level, 155,000-sf Dillard's will feature a large selection of fashion apparel, shoes, accessories, cosmetics and home furnishings. These assortments will reflect the Company's strong commitment to provide customers with more choices in upscale and contemporary fashions. The store will feature Dillard's latest store design concepts, particularly in shoes, accessories and intimate apparel where improved selections are presented in a completely re-designed shopping setting that is both beautiful and comfortable. Dillard's operates 329 stores nationwide and 59 in Texas.

"Pearland Town Center is generating great enthusiasm and we are eager to join CBL in the excitement surrounding this project," said William Dillard II, Dillard's chief executive officer. "Dillard's is a staple in the greater Houston area and we look forward to expanding our presence in this growing suburb at Pearland Town Center. We will be honored to serve our customers with our great assortment of upscale and trend-right fashions."

http://www.realtynewsreport.com/HoustonDeals.htm

Is this one of the 2 shopping centers discussed on a previous thred, or is it a third new center? Houston Semipro, you're the expert. Which is it?

BTW, I always enjoy the use of superlatives in these real estate announcements. Just look at the big words...best, ideal, primary, tremendous, dominant, innovative, exciting, important, ...the list goes on.

One of the drawbacks to Pearland Roads is that the City of Houston has no ETJ there so they don't identifie major thoroughfares and a timeline for there implementation.

Pearland and Brazoria County have to do it on there own. Chances are they won't do anything until they absolutely have to are TxDOt gets around to doing it.

I think Brazoria County needs to get on the Pass Through Toll Program that Montgomery County is trying out. They can pick there busiest roads and it will ensure them that they won't lose money in the deal.

• 5 weeks later...