Buffalo Bayou View Across From Hidalgo Park

terrbo

Last weekend.. visited Hidalgo Park some (it was very packed) and got to see the fabulous view of Buffalo Bayou. Loved it!!!

BuffaloBayouandmore006.jpg

BuffaloBayouandmore007.jpg

BuffaloBayouandmore008.jpg

BuffaloBayouandmore009.jpg

BuffaloBayouandmore012.jpg

Guest danax

4vnht2h.gif

I want to check this place out. Where is it located?

It's like Ave R, I think, east of Wayside. On the map above, Hidalgo Park is that little green area by the bayou below Clinton.

Terrbo, you've captured the focal point for one of the East End areas with the most potential. Even if the Buffalo Bayou Master Plan never materializes fully, I believe eventually the same residential and retail developments will sprout along the bayou by themselves. There's just too much magnetism to such a large body of water within close proximity to DT.

Yes, Virginia, Houston has a river, but it really begins east of Allen's Landing.

Anyone know what that pavillion is, where the boat is parked on the other side of the railroad trestle?

It's where you get on the boat for the channel tour

http://www.portofhouston.com/samhou/samhou.html

Embarking from the port's Sam Houston Pavilion, visiting sightseers can enjoy passing views of international cargo vessels, and operations at the port's Turning Basin Terminal.

samhopav.jpg

I never knew what the parks name was. We used to go there in the mid 70's late at night, sit in the gazebo and listen to the ships horns and tell ghosts stories. Silly teenagers. :D

• The title was changed to Buffalo Bayou View Across From Hidalgo Park

Archived