Museum Tower - 42 Stories

Trae

I'd be a little nervous too about the possibility of something this nice actually coming to fruition in an overbuilt market like Dallas. I understand there has been an awful lot of annoucements for projects that never went anywhere in Dallas.

I think this tower has a pretty good chance. If/when the Woodall Rodgers Deck Park gets built on this location's doorstep, it will justify the high prices. Also, I would guess the Dallas condo market has at least another 5 years. Sure alot of announcements have fallen through but that is the nature of things. There has been a constant flow of projects over the past years and it doesnt seem to be slowing down yet.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I notice that you didn't even give facts to back up your comments.

Yeah, I figured someone would point that out. As I said before the Arts Distict is transforming into a unique, upscale place to live in dtd. If you look at the infrastructure being built in the Arts District and the money behind the progress, it should create momentum for sales of this tower. This is similar to the Victory development except the Arts District appeals to a differrent group of people.

Here are some of the projects already under construction.

1. Wyly Theatre

2. Winspear Opera House

3. Hunt Corp Headquarters Tower (Across from the Dallas Museum of Art)

4. One Arts Plaza - 3 more buildings pending as part of the master plan

Existing Structures/facilities

1. Anette Strauss Artist Square

2. Belo Mansion

3. Dallas black dance theater

4. Arts District Theater

5. Dallas Museum of Art

6. Dallas Symphony Center

7. Nasher Sculpture Center

I does look like the Exxon building which is one of my favorite Houston buildings, maybe they should add a glass facade like that and we can see what it would look like in person.

This is way better than the Exxon building in my opinion. It's funny how people either love or hate the Exxon building. There doesn't seem to be any riding the fence.

I does look like the Exxon building which is one of my favorite Houston buildings, maybe they should add a glass facade like that and we can see what it would look like in person.

just walking in my building, a similar design is used all over JSC (protruding ledge with supporting columns and a partial glass facade) built in the early 60's as well.

I personally dislike the Exxon Tower. I've tried to like it, to appreciate it, but I can't.

This Museum Tower being proposed has a better, fresher design, but even with that, the affect suggests a wee bit too much glass. I'd like to see the tower with a better mix of glass and conrete (maybe broader/heavier vertical exterior beams made of concrete).

Actually, that is not a glass facade at all. If you look closely, the "facade" faces toward the west, specifically toward Jerry World in Arlington. The "facade" is made of specially designed fresnel prisms, capable of focusing light in a very precise pattern. This will cause an unbearable amount of heat to be generated on the Dallas Cowboys' new stadium, rendering any attempt at a comfortable viewing experience impossible. The City of Dallas, in a secret meeting, has approved funding to build this tower, including its Death Ray facade, regardless whether any of the units are sold. The belief is that after 2 or 3 games in 145 degree heat, Jerry Jones will cry uncle, and beg to play his games in the refurbished Cotton Bowl, thereby recouping the millions spent funding the Museum Tower.

Once the Cowboys are safely moved to the Cotton Bowl, the Death Ray will be refocused on Fort Worth City Hall, removing once and for all any opposition to the repeal of the Wright Amendment.

Brilliant move, if I do say so myself.

We should play word bingo in Dallas threads.

Here's a partial list of words and phrases to get started:

Houston (free spot)

upscale

exclusive

"never gonna happen"

"it WILL get built!"

$1M+

editor

"deleted inappropriate comments"

We should play word bingo in Dallas threads.

Here's a partial list of words and phrases to get started:

Houston (free spot)

upscale

exclusive

"never gonna happen"

"it WILL get built!"

$1M+

editor

"deleted inappropriate comments"

How about "Keep it on topic, please"? <_<

How about "Keep it on topic, please"? <_<

I guess you deleted my stuff because I said the word "hell"? But you didn't bother to erase Trea's comment and he said"hell" before I did.......Oh but he is from houston <_< ...look all I'm pointing out is .....you guys can make me out to be whoever you please...but when it come to deleting comments ....I think all of the "MODS" should be fair about it and not bias.......So now that you left his comment and deleted mine....it appears that I stirred the up .

There really isn't that many high-end condos to go around. Atlanta is going through that same problem (they seem to be overbuilding).

Link

So if you feel like there isn't enough high-end condo's to go around....then why would you question the Dallas market before you posted this satement?....And the atlanta comment contridicts the first part of your statement...so that's why I commented to you posting this because you didn't know what stance to take ....and like I said earlier....for you to be one who downplays everything dallas announces...what would make you so ecited to post about this.....It is a nice tower........but since this is somewhat out of your character it just made me wonder....So mods thanks again :mellow:

This tower may or may not get built - most of us are not actually real estate experts who can truly say if this is a brilliant project or impending failure. At this point in this thread those possibilities has been well addressed.

So, aside from that speculation, I would be more interested in hearing the opinions about the building itself, and its overall impact on the surrounding area IF it does actually get get built.

In my opinion, the rendering makes it look like a fairly unique and interesting building that would probably add a lot to the skyline, but at 42 stories it will completely dwarf its low-rise Arts District neighbors (and Woodall Rodgers Park) and stand somewhat isolated.

Perhaps it isn't much different than the Trammel Crow Center looming over the district, and if anything ever happens with the old Lone Star site across from the Meyerson, it might fit in better.

All in all, I think it will be a nice asset if it does get completed, although it may not be the best fit for that site.

So if you feel like there isn't enough high-end condo's to go around....then why would you question the Dallas market before you posted this satement?....And the atlanta comment contridicts the first part of your statement...so that's why I commented to you posting this because you didn't know what stance to take ....and like I said earlier....for you to be one who downplays everything dallas announces...what would make you so ecited to post about this.....It is a nice tower........but since this is somewhat out of your character it just made me wonder....So mods thanks again :mellow:

You have got to be kidding me.... You misunderstood what I was trying to say. There isn't enough money to go into these high-end condos. People can't afford them, and if they could, why pay so much for a small space in a city like Atlanta or Dallas?

You have got to be kidding me.... You misunderstood what I was trying to say. There isn't enough money to go into these high-end condos. People can't afford them, and if they could, why may so much for a small space in a city like Atlanta or Dallas?

Trae, I believe there is enough money to go around for a project like this. Developers are not going to build a project of this scale without doing their due diligence. This project is a go from everything I have heard.

That being said, I would assume that if they do not pre sale 50%, then this project would not happen.

You just contradicted yourself.

I am told it is a go and has been greenlighted.

That being said, with the current market, I would think the developers would want to see a 50% pre sale before they break ground. I am contstantly amazed to see new projects announced in a constricting market.

And on that brain dead note, I am officially out for good.

But you bayou goobers need to ask yourselves just one little question.

If you have a Dallas/Fort Worth/Metroplex sub-forum and you don't want anyone posting any news about the region, then just what the hell is it for exactly?

Never mind, don't bother answering. The person asking no longer gives a crap.

Damn, I thought this one was out FOR GOOD.

Nice drawing though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I think it's too far away from Downtown.

That is the middle of downtown. The Art's district in Dallas is along the new Main Street of Woodall Rogers Freeway. Check out all the development going on in that area and you will see that the vast majority of it is being built 2 or 3 blocks from Woodall Rogers. This is why the building will get filled up.

This tower may or may not get built - most of us are not actually real estate experts who can truly say if this is a brilliant project or impending failure. At this point in this thread those possibilities has been well addressed.

So, aside from that speculation, I would be more interested in hearing the opinions about the building itself, and its overall impact on the surrounding area IF it does actually get get built.

In my opinion, the rendering makes it look like a fairly unique and interesting building that would probably add a lot to the skyline, but at 42 stories it will completely dwarf its low-rise Arts District neighbors (and Woodall Rodgers Park) and stand somewhat isolated.

Perhaps it isn't much different than the Trammel Crow Center looming over the district, and if anything ever happens with the old Lone Star site across from the Meyerson, it might fit in better.

All in all, I think it will be a nice asset if it does get completed, although it may not be the best fit for that site.

Not only is this project going to get built, but don't be surprised if a lot more projects similar to this get started in order to match the timing of the completion of this next phase of the Art's district. The city of Dallas has been working too hard for decades to build this thing and it is going to be a smash hit on global proportions when it is completed.

Add to this the planned building of a park plaza over Woodall Rogers Freeway, the new bridge accross the Trinity, the booming Victory and Uptown areas, the new corporations headquartered in the Art's district and the ultimate completion of the Trinity River project and one has all the ingredients necessary for major development to happen in and around the Art's district.

Not only is this project going to get built, but don't be surprised if a lot more projects similar to this get started in order to match the timing of the completion of this next phase of the Art's district. The city of Dallas has been working too hard for decades to build this thing and it is going to be a smash hit on global proportions when it is completed.

Add to this the planned building of a park plaza over Woodall Rogers Freeway, the new bridge accross the Trinity, the booming Victory and Uptown areas, the new corporations headquartered in the Art's district and the ultimate completion of the Trinity River project and one has all the ingredients necessary for major development to happen in and around the Art's district.

LOL If nothing else, at least your posts are entertaining. I LOVE the line "a smash hit on global proportions". I'm going to try to use it often... ;-)

The city of Dallas has been working too hard for decades to build this thing and it is going to be a smash hit on global proportions when it is completed.

You've got to be kidding. Comments like this are the reason Dallas threads can't stay civil.

• 2 months later...

Archived