Museum Tower - 42 Stories

Trae

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This will not get built. With the smallest unit starting at $1M, there simply aren't enough buyers between this, Ritz II and the Mandarin.

Damn! Does Dallas even have that big off a market to support that?

Damn! Does Dallas even have that big off a market to support that?

okay....u started the thread....So why didn't you post your concerne when u first started it?....It seems like u posted and waited for negative responses and then you added your skeptisism of the project........I dunno it just seems kinda weird......And you are normally the person who has something to go against the Dallas grain.......so thats another reason it seems funny that you would start this thread......But it WILL get built ............just watch! ;)

This will not get built. With the smallest unit starting at $1M, there simply aren't enough buyers between this, Ritz II and the Mandarin.

oh please!!! :wacko:

You could be right. That said, the developers originally proposed and withdrew a tower around 20 floors, and now they return with a tower more than twice as tall - sounds like confidence to me.

Perhaps I overlooked it, but I don't see any pricing information on that website. Where did you come up with that "starting at $1 million figure? If true, I'll be surprised if it gets built too. 125 units starting at $1 million? In a market that is already struggling to fill the Ritz Carlton, W, Mandarin Oriental, etc etc? Doesn't seem too likely.

You could be right. That said, the developers originally proposed and withdrew a tower around 20 floors, and now they return with a tower more than twice as tall - sounds like confidence to me.

... or delusions ;-)

EDIT: Aztx, I found the "starting at $1million" thing in Steve Brown's DMN article. Beautiful design, but can they be serious? $1 million for a 1450 square foot apartment in Dallas Texas? More power to 'em if they can get it done...

okay....u started the thread....So why didn't you post your concerne when u first started it?....It seems like u posted and waited for negative responses and then you added your skeptisism of the project........I dunno it just seems kinda weird......And you are normally the person who has something to go against the Dallas grain.......so thats another reason it seems funny that you would start this thread......But it WILL get built ............just watch! ;)

The hell are you talking about? I like the look of the tower, and posted it in my first response. Then someone said it might not get build. Then I asked a simple question. I'm not the only one wondering that too. I saw someone post similiar responses on Dallas' forum.

The hell are you talking about? I like the look of the tower, and posted it in my first response. Then someone said it might not get build. Then I asked a simple question. I'm not the only one wondering that too. I saw someone post similiar responses on Dallas' forum.

Don't pay attention to him Trae.

EDIT: Aztx, I found the "starting at $1million" thing in Steve Brown's DMN article. Beautiful design, but can they be serious? $1 million for a 1450 square foot apartment in Dallas Texas? More power to 'em if they can get it done...

You think that's outrageous, if I'm not mistaken, $950K only buys 1000 s.f. at the Mandarin.

I disagree, By my count there is the Mandarin with 90 units, this project with 125 units and The Ritz with 94. This is just 309 1million dollar condos. Trust me, Dallas has enough rich people to fill that many condos ( as does Houston ).

I disagree, By my count there is the Mandarin with 90 units, this project with 125 units and The Ritz with 94. This is just 309 1million dollar condos. Trust me, Dallas has enough rich people to fill that many condos ( as does Houston ).

You've left out the condos at the W, the condos at the Mansion, and several other high-end projects that have gone up recently or are going up in Dallas. No doubt there are plenty of people in both Dallas and Houston who could afford such condos, but are there that many actually interested in doing so? The jury is definitely still out on that question. Note that several very-high-end projects have been canceled in both Dallas and Houston in recent years.

deleted inappropriate remarks

But too bad your wrong. I wasn't even thinking about anything like that. I first saw this tower on SSP, and saw no thread of it here, so posted it. I think you may be a bit too paranoid. Do you honestly think I made this thread for negative comment? I posted the exact same thread over at my forum:

Link. Do you think I would have waited for negative comments there, too?

Give me a break.

Here is a rendering:

museumtowernew001iw1.jpg

deleted inappropriate remarks

I'm trying to figure out how Trae's initial post, and I quote, "A very nice looking tower" offends you. Very strange.

Anyway, I like the tower as well, and can imagine the South side views of DT will be fantastic.

What's not to like about this tower? Except maybe the agonizing months ahead of speculating whether or not it will actually be built. It's very nice and in the perfect location. I didn't read anything negitive about Trae's post. Dallasboi is just so excited over this one that his nerves are probably on edge, so we should cut him some slack. I'd be a little nervous too about the possibility of something this nice actually coming to fruition in an overbuilt market like Dallas. I understand there has been an awful lot of annoucements for projects that never went anywhere in Dallas. But good luck anyway.

Seeing renderings like this (in Dallas AND Houston) is like holding candy in front of a child but not giving it too him unless he promises to be good for six months. It's pure torture and we can all relate. There are quite a few pieces of eye candy posted of Houston projects too and all we can do is try to behave ourselves and hope for the best.

I see the glass facade is clear, don't they usually use tinted glass?

Actually, that is not a glass facade at all. If you look closely, the "facade" faces toward the west, specifically toward Jerry World in Arlington. The "facade" is made of specially designed fresnel prisms, capable of focusing light in a very precise pattern. This will cause an unbearable amount of heat to be generated on the Dallas Cowboys' new stadium, rendering any attempt at a comfortable viewing experience impossible. The City of Dallas, in a secret meeting, has approved funding to build this tower, including its Death Ray facade, regardless whether any of the units are sold. The belief is that after 2 or 3 games in 145 degree heat, Jerry Jones will cry uncle, and beg to play his games in the refurbished Cotton Bowl, thereby recouping the millions spent funding the Museum Tower.

Once the Cowboys are safely moved to the Cotton Bowl, the Death Ray will be refocused on Fort Worth City Hall, removing once and for all any opposition to the repeal of the Wright Amendment.

Brilliant move, if I do say so myself.

Why is it that when the Dallas area announces a 42 story highrise, people on this post automatically start saying it won't be built? The skeptics don't even give facts to back up their comments which seems a little childish. In my opinion, its seems to be a Dallas vs Houston thing... I've been watching the Austin threads and no one has negative posts about their "proposed" 40 story condos..

I believe this one will be built. The Arts Distict will be a unique, upscale place to live in dtd. Btw, does anyone have an extra 1 million dollars I can borrow?

Really, and why do the Dallers automatically think that everything announced will automatically be built. How naive. There's a long list of unbuilt towers in Dallas. Sorry, but it's true.

Anyway, who knows what will be built and what won't. I don't know. I just read several post on dallasmetropolis.com from some people who expressed doubts that this project will become a reality. They probably know more about whats going on in Dallas than I do. I'm just a friendly visitor and I keep hearing that the market is getting overbuilt up there. Don't blame me or HAIFers if that stuff is true.

Lots of people on dalmet.com think that this tower will be built, and that's great. Of course, most of those guys don't sound like they know any more than I do about the market and it would be easy to dismiss them as 'wishful thinkers'. If you were really confident in this project you wouldn't be bothered by what what a bunch of people from Houston think. When they announced the Park Tower in dowtown Houston I didn't rush up to dalmet to see whether or not anyone there thought it was going to be built, I just kept my fingers crossed until they broke ground. But it's kind of flattering to know that you do care about the opinions at this forum. Thanks.

And I'm sure I speak for everyone in Texas when I say - This is beautiful tower, good luck and may all your dreams come true. Can't get anymore positive than that.

BTW - Austin is small potatoes. They're cute but everything they do goes unnoticed in big cities. - except maybe on MTV. :)

Guest Marty
many characteristics of the exxon building here from 1963.

I does look like the Exxon building which is one of my favorite Houston buildings, maybe they should add a glass facade like that and we can see what it would look like in person.

Archived