2007-2008 Crude Oil Cost

Pumapayam

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously...Puma...ours is a base-10 number system. You've really got to get over this societal fixation on zeros. It's for your own good.

Honestly, I just typed it in really never thought anything of the extra zero, but I changed it for ya. . . :P

at the risk of sounding smug.... I sure wouldn't mind $4 gas keeping some of the other yahoos off 1-10 when I make my summer trek to New Orleans.

When $4 gas hits, the impact will be terrible on the minimum wage earners.

Basically they just lost the gains they got from the updated amount.

Honestly, I just typed it in really never thought anything of the extra zero, but I changed it for ya. . . :P

Still, what's so special about $120? Why is it considered acceptable to count down the number of cents until $120 where it would seem awkward to count down cents leading up to $119 or $121? Why not just label the thread "Oil at $119.74"?

at the risk of sounding smug.... I sure wouldn't mind $4 gas keeping some of the other yahoos off 1-10 when I make my summer trek to New Orleans.

That's become one heck of a drive the past few years. So much traffic the speeders can't even speed. I remember the wide open roads and when yahoos blew buy going 100+. And that was only 10 years ago. Now, I think 75 is max.

That's become one heck of a drive the past few years. So much traffic the speeders can't even speed. I remember the wide open roads and when yahoos blew buy going 100+. And that was only 10 years ago. Now, I think 75 is max.

Yea, assuming you don't get slowed to very long crawl because the the Beverly Hillbilly-mobile up ahead is broken down on the swamp bridge. Always happens to me......

Yea, assuming you don't get slowed to very long crawl because the the Beverly Hillbilly-mobile up ahead is broken down on the swamp bridge. Always happens to me......

We made it one mile in two hours last summer right at the state line. They were picking up construction barrels. <_<

Puma, I think you need to relax. let me know and I'll share some party pills with ya' to mellow out.

seriously though, Saudi really can't increase output any more because they're pretty maxed out and can only increase slightly. The thing is that if they were to increase output to max, there would be no way they could do maintenance without CUTTING production and then you would have all sorts of problems going on.

Oil was $60/barrel this past fall, what the heck is REALLY going on?

What is going to happen in August, $150 barrel oil???

It really does make you wonder... are speculators causing this? Dropping value of the dollar? Unlimited demand from USA, India, and China? No capacity to process what's coming out the ground? No capacity beyond what's already being produced?

Puma, I think you need to relax. let me know and I'll share some party pills with ya' to mellow out.

seriously though, Saudi really can't increase output any more because they're pretty maxed out and can only increase slightly. The thing is that if they were to increase output to max, there would be no way they could do maintenance without CUTTING production and then you would have all sorts of problems going on.

Can I get some of those because this whole situation is making me STRESSED OUT!

So when do the riots start? Oh come on, I know y'all are thinking that in the back of your heads.

Our society is much to Oprah-fied for riots these days. It'll be more like emotional Dr. Phil specials instead of riots nowadays. ;)

I am not sure about rioting, but I have changed some things about what I deem necessary or even important. Used to eat out a few times a month but that is down to once a month or so since my extra $40 I'd spend on dinner has to go fill up my car once every week or so.

I also cut down on the number of cable channels pumped into my home and have been eagle-eyeing the thermostat more frequently (set higher than I prefer but still relatively comfortable in the house). I don't do as much pleasure driving (you know just kinda cruising around aimlessly) and basically only go places where I have to.

I don't make nearly as much money as other HAIFers claim so maybe I am in the minority on watching my budget more closely?

It really does make you wonder... are speculators causing this? Dropping value of the dollar? Unlimited demand from USA, India, and China? No capacity to process what's coming out the ground? No capacity beyond what's already being produced?

We've already addressed that, ad nauseum.

I am not sure about rioting, but I have changed some things about what I deem necessary or even important. Used to eat out a few times a month but that is down to once a month or so since my extra $40 I'd spend on dinner has to go fill up my car once every week or so.

I also cut down on the number of cable channels pumped into my home and have been eagle-eyeing the thermostat more frequently (set higher than I prefer but still relatively comfortable in the house). I don't do as much pleasure driving (you know just kinda cruising around aimlessly) and basically only go places where I have to.

I don't make nearly as much money as other HAIFers claim so maybe I am in the minority on watching my budget more closely?

I don't think anyone, regaurdless of income, likes to pay more than they think they should. I've personally be shocked at the grocery bills. I've always done one run a day for errands, and it involves kiddo school pickup or drop-off. Straight line, one drive, everything done.

I've seen a few news articles about increasing prices, but that's it. I still eat out most of the time. I buy snacks at the grocery store, and they seem to cost the same as usual. Belden's had kosher Coke for $5 for 4 2 liter bottles the other night. Gas is high, but I haven't reduced my driving. The major expenditures in my life haven't changed at all.

I had expanded basic. Wasn't like I was cutting out HBO or Cinemax. I was cutting it down to the basic of basic channels so I can also maintain high speed Internet.

how much is that/month total? you can get dsl for 14.99/month (or more if you want higher speed)

how much is that/month total? you can get dsl for 14.99/month (or more if you want higher speed)

I pay Comcast $63 a month for basic cable (i.e. the networks and 15 useless public access channels and such) plus high speed internet. The internet service is greased lightning.

I pay Comcast $63 a month for basic cable (i.e. the networks and 15 useless public access channels and such) plus high speed internet. The internet service is greased lightning.

for someone that is complaining about prices....63 is pricey IMO.

Still, what's so special about $120? Why is it considered acceptable to count down the number of cents until $120 where it would seem awkward to count down cents leading up to $119 or $121? Why not just label the thread "Oil at $119.74"?

What difference does it make, really? John McCain's gas-tax-suspensino program's gains would have been eliminated in the past two weeks or so. This is a big-deal percentage wise, though you and whoever can argue about the specific digits all you want.

So when do the riots start? Oh come on, I know y'all are thinking that in the back of your heads.

Well the Canadiens' fans rioted pretty awesomely when they beat the Bruins. I was happy about that.

But in other news, food-shortage riots have been going on for quite a while now. Google news it...

Archived