Developments On Studewood St.

heightsfan

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does Someburger fit into this plan? It looks like there is a driveway or drivethru on the side, but the lot doesn't seem that big as rendered on the plan? Is it going to just sit there off to the side? They better not mess with my Someburger, I'll chain myself to it! LOL!

Now a fresh paintjob wouldn't be a bad thing, just don't mess with the inside.

This may be old, but here is some info on the development just north of "The Glass Wall".

http://page-partners.com/flyers/1003.Studewood/1003flyer.pdf

The rendering looks good.

very nice.... if there's any area in town that i believe really lends itself to a more urban, pedestrian friendly revitalization, it's the heights. we need more building's just like this.

• 3 weeks later...
I just called 311 and they knew nothing about it.

The suite next door has had a TABC notice for an alcohol permit for about a month.

The coffee bar with beer and wine is now open next to the City of Houston Field Office. Very friendly folks and great coffee from Marfa.

went to Dharma's on Friday and it was GREAT! Food was great, service was nice and friendly, nice open atmosphere! thilled to have this so close.

What is antidote ?
new coffee house on Studewood and 8th st. Shockingly, in that nasty little strip center. but, i've heard great things about it from my neighboors.

Good to see you're still around wendy. And, glad to see Dharma open. I drove by yesterday and saw the sign, but it did not look open.

thanks red, this new job has had me actually working for the past year. now that summer is (almost) over, i can see a bit of a light through the trees.

the first time i drove by, it looked dead to me too. not sure of the hours, but they are open. there is a parking lot in back.

How does the Dharma look in it's new location? I was really sad to see it leave it's East side location. It was very charming.

Hi---Dharma looks pretty cool. Very Hip, leaving much of the exposed brick and some industrial look and cool lighting. Unlike the other place, it also has a full service bar. There hours are Tuesday thru Sunday; open in the evening from 6pm - 10pm, with their Sunday brunch from 10am - 2pm. I hope they can open for the lunch hours soon at least on Friday & Saturdays. They are probably still tring out the new location. No reservations needed, although some Saturdays can get busy. Still the same great food---Their Pumpkin Soup was awesome!!!

Hi---Dharma looks pretty cool. Very Hip, leaving much of the exposed brick and some industrial look and cool lighting. Unlike the other place, it also has a full service bar. There hours are Tuesday thru Sunday; open in the evening from 6pm - 10pm, with their Sunday brunch from 10am - 2pm. I hope they can open for the lunch hours soon at least on Friday & Saturdays. They are probably still tring out the new location. No reservations needed, although some Saturdays can get busy. Still the same great food---Their Pumpkin Soup was awesome!!!

Correction on my post----Dharma is open during the lunch hours Tue-Fri, 11am-3pm, No Saturdays yet. But, great for the downtown crowd and those that work around for lunch.

• 4 weeks later...

I figure since this thread is about Studewood development I thought I'd ask if anyone has heard about what is going in at 9th at Studewood. Someone on a neighborhood forum said the Wooden Nickel and a house behind it have been torn down and the auto detailing place may be next to go. They mentioned that a neighbor said it was going to be an Italian Restaurant of some sort?

I think this is South of The Glass Wall so that wouldn't be the other development mentioned to the North earlier in this thread...

• 2 weeks later...
Went by Antidote the other morning - great coffee and great prices! Two thumbs up!

We went there a few weeks back as well.. Cool place.. Went with a bunch of people and the parking is a little lacking.. but I expect the rent is cheap. B)

• 3 weeks later...
Good Afternoon,

hope your week goes well !

Does anyone know the progress or status of the Cajun Restaurant on Studewood ?

I drive by the place multiple times a day...and nothing has changed in months (to the naked eye).

Kinda weird, cause in briefly speaking with one of "them" during white linen nights (Aug 4th) the gentleman was saying "We're almost there, almost open"

• 2 weeks later...
the files are gone :(

they just put up a new strip with new names on the sign. perhaps they have switched agents to get the project moving?

also, does anyone here have news on Big Mamou? I just don' see it opening at this point but wanted to know if anyone has heard for sure.

Noticed yesterday that the convenience store at 8th and Studewood (two doors down from Antidote) had a "Business for Lease" sign outside.

Actually, its 'Business for SALE'. Thats a dirty Quickie Mart anyways. No love lost if that one disappears.

Actually, its 'Business for SALE'. Thats a dirty Quickie Mart anyways. No love lost if that one disappears.

You're right - I remembered the sign wrong.

But I don't mind the little store at all, and go there fairly frequently. The couple who run it are very nice, even if their English is limited, and - at least for the things that I typically buy at convenience stores - their prices are generally lower than those at Lucky, Metro, and the gas station shops.

Archived