Did you know this place existed?

"IT" is a guilty pleasure of mine and I can't believe that Pennywise the clown has been in Houston for who knows how long and I wasn't aware of it.

There's a man here in Houston whose two sons are makeup and visual effects artists in Hollywood. This man operates a little museum in South Houston that houses some of the creatures and props that his sons have created.

There's a short video of the place on the Chronicle's site today: http://blogs.chron.com/kristin2go/2007/06/...d_clowns_1.html

Look his sons up on IMDB.com. They have some impressive credits.

You can read an interview with one of his sons here: http://joblo.com/arrow/interview118.htm

Pennywise could easily be the reason a therapist would make loads of money if my daughter were their patient.

She's 18 now, and a simple sight of that clown still brings tears of fright to her eyes... I think she must have watched that movie as a small child at a friend's house, never telling me about it. I did that when I was little... saw Jaws, and it traumatized me.

The movie that traumatized me when I was about 9 or 10, I'm not going to name. I'm not kidding when I say this, I'm afraid someone might post a picture from that particular scene and I would not be able to shake the image from my mind for two weeks. You'd all think I was crazy if I told you what I'm talking about because it isn't even a horror film.

It's just one of those things.

Pennywise could easily be the reason a therapist would make loads of money if my daughter were their patient.

She's 18 now, and a simple sight of that clown still brings tears of fright to her eyes... I think she must have watched that movie as a small child at a friend's house, never telling me about it. I did that when I was little... saw Jaws, and it traumatized me.

I had a poll about this earlier this year, when that silly puppet movie came out.

Clowns suck, I aint going to that museum.

Archived