Lightning Storm on the Downtown Skyline

RustyB

Just some pictures I took off my Houston House balcony one night, May 10th I believe, around midnight. Pretty neat looking!

Too much time on my hands, I guess. :P

159761140-M-1.jpg

159761262-M-1.jpg

159761407-M-1.jpg

159761773-M-1.jpg

159762803-M-1.jpg

159762836-M-1.jpg

Those are my fav's from the set. Thanks for looking!

Fake....and I mean that as a compliment.

Thanks! Yeah, they're really surreal looking! Of course, I had to throw out about 200 pictures just to get those, and several others in my online gallery. :lol: Gotta love digital. I DID do some PhotoShop'n.....had to correct the perspective because of the bad lens distortion from using a zoom lens at full wide, stamped out some of the major sensor noise from the long exposures, adjusted exposure/white balance of the RAW files, and did some sharpening.

Thanks all for the comments!

nice pics!! what camera are you using??

Thanks! They were shot with an Olympus E-500. It's my first digital SLR, so it was fun to finally get some cool lightning shots....something I could never afford to do with my 35mm SLR's.

Wonderful pics... and great view you have out your apt.

Thank you! The view is why I stay here. I work from home mostly, so the big windows and wide open view keep me sane...relatively speaking. :blink:

Another balcony view/quick stitch job of 3-4 pics...

145710221-L-3.jpg

Thanks! They were shot with an Olympus E-500. It's my first digital SLR, so it was fun to finally get some cool lightning shots....something I could never afford to do with my 35mm SLR's.

i know what you mean. i just purchased a new camera myself. i was never the photographer type but with a good camera u get hooked and want to take pics of everything and anything, lol :)

i know what you mean. i just purchased a new camera myself. i was never the photographer type but with a good camera u get hooked and want to take pics of everything and anything, lol :)

how bout u come and take pics of my car.

since u like live dj's u can come to a meet, there will be dj's, lots of cars etc. and u can use ur new camera...please say yes, please say yes, i'll be keeping my fingers crossed, lol fingersx.gif

Archived