Construction begins on Bryan Towne Center

aggie0083

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a link from the developer's site. Sounds like they're having some more interest at least.Lauth Press Release

When the rumors about this deal began circulating around town about a year ago I heard that Target wanted to exand in this market but that there was no room at their current location. The rumor was that they'd close the CS location and build a Super Target in Bryan and that Old Navy would follow them. I'm now thinking thats probably just rumor. As far as I know the CS location will remain open as a regular Target and the Bryan location will be a Super Target.

When the rumors about this deal began circulating around town about a year ago I heard that Target wanted to exand in this market but that there was no room at their current location. The rumor was that they'd close the CS location and build a Super Target in Bryan and that Old Navy would follow them. I'm now thinking thats probably just rumor. As far as I know the CS location will remain open as a regular Target and the Bryan location will be a Super Target.

texags is saying it's a regular target

texags is saying it's a regular target

You're probably correct b/c the Target in College Station is only 5000 sq ft different in size than the square footage referred to in the Lauth press release. I guess they'd be hard pressed to fit a Super Target in there. Not sure we needed ANOTHER grocery store anyway.

The site plan is on the city's website. I think they've got the link to this specific project blocked but its the last one in the list.

Bryan Current Project List

• 10 months later...

I was hoping the junior anchors would be earth shattering, such as Best Buy and Office Depot making the move north to Bryan, but with the slowing economy, or the perception of that at least, retailers seems to be getting cold feet, and as far as I know, no other major anchor will join Target just yet. According to TexAgs, there will be a nice vareity of smaller stores, such as Rue 21 and The Rack Room that aren't currently in B/CS, however.

Pictures of other areas of the Bryan Towne Center, including a nice pond behind the stores that I'm sure will be surrounded by trails or walking paths:

DSCN0859-1.jpg

DSCN0847-1.jpg

DSCN0848-1-1.jpg

DSCN0845-1.jpg

WOW! I have only seen it from highway 6 and the feeder road, seeing it up close looks different. Its kind of weird seeing development in Bryan because every since I was born all of the development in the area went to College Station.

According to www.wulfe.com, the leasing agent, the following have signed leases or are in discussions to locate in Bryan Town Center: Burlington Coat Factory, Anytime Fitness, EyeMart, Baskin Robbin's, Shipley Doughnuts, CitiFinancial, Maurice's, Rack Room Shoes, Rue 21, Nail Topia, Logan's Roadhouse, Salt Grass Steakhouse, IHOP.

I heard a rumor that Coldwater Creek was looking at the center for another location.

Nothing too earth shattering just yet but I'm hoping the ball will get rolling once Target opens this summer.

Out of those Saltgrass probably makes the biggest statement, and I personally would enjoy having Shipley's there... too much.

I really don't want something like Ross(not mentioned above) at BTC, Burlington will hopefully be about the lowest class store. NailTopia, I guess their sign doesn't look so bad and it seems a nail salon on every corner is unavoidable.

• 7 months later...

Just a quick update, I'll try and post pictures of the completed structures soon.

Still no major announcements, but it looks like Arby's will be coming to BTC. David's Bridal, as well as CiCi's Pizza, T-Mobile and a Classic Cuts are in discussions to come to the center.

These additions will at least help to bring a little more life into the area, until a major junior anchor comes in.

Just a quick update, I'll try and post pictures of the completed structures soon.

Still no major announcements, but it looks like Arby's will be coming to BTC. David's Bridal, as well as CiCi's Pizza, T-Mobile and a Classic Cuts are in discussions to come to the center.

These additions will at least help to bring a little more life into the area, until a major junior anchor comes in.

CiCi's? I wonder if they will close the old one in the now dead old Albertsons center?

• 4 months later...

Let's hope they actually come. I know a 'stakeout plan' has been filed with the city, but keep in mind Hooter's filed something as well for the North Park Plaza location, about two years ago.

The businesses that I mentioned (and Cracker Barrel) were listed on the site plans at Wulfe.com, but the only places that have opened are Dollar Tree and a (nice) massage place. I'm ready for the BTC to come alive.

• 1 month later...

Let's hope they actually come. I know a 'stakeout plan' has been filed with the city, but keep in mind Hooter's filed something as well for the North Park Plaza location, about two years ago.

The businesses that I mentioned (and Cracker Barrel) were listed on the site plans at Wulfe.com, but the only places that have opened are Dollar Tree and a (nice) massage place. I'm ready for the BTC to come alive.

Just wait till this recession blows over, nobody right now has their space being lease especially with Circuit City out of business and others unsure if they'll be around to see the end of their lease if they sign on the dotted line.

Eventually, (hopefully sooner then later) this place will be 100% leased, OK lets shoot for 92%.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived