Company Buys Land In Uptown

lockmat

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the plan to build a 200,000-sq.m. residential and commercial project on one third of the site at an investment of $550 million, What kind of project would this look like? High dense urban?

If the plan to build a 200,000-sq.m. residential and commercial project on one third of the site at an investment of $550 million, What kind of project would this look like? High dense urban?

550 million on 3 acres is incredible. pretty much guaranteed to be pricey. urban wannabees stay clear.

Yes, this would be a very big project. One meter is just a little bit longer than 3 feet, so there are probably about 9.5 or 10 square feet per square meter. That comes to about 1.9 or 2 million square feet. That's a big deal.

could be on the north or east sides of the galleria. perhaps back by nordstrom, next to the water wall and across the street from the manhattan

nope, because that's where another hi-rise is going to go up. The only spot I can think of is behind the church between Nordstrom and Hotel Indigo. Unless they plan to demo the Dillards.

There is a large vacant peice of land south of Westheimer and Alabama where Alabama forks off. This is roughly across from the 5444 Westheimer building. I'm assuming that is where this would be. There is also a smaller parcel of vacant land adjacent to 5444 Westheimer, next to the CVS, but it isn't nine acres.

this is the development i mentioned in this thread.

its the eastern-most portion of the retail center on richmond and post oak (nw corner). there use to be a restaurant there but cant recall what it was.

this group has A LOT of money and plan to develop over $1B in houston within the next couple of years. they have another site tied up in the tanglewood area.. will gladly pinpoint it after they close or make it public.

its the eastern-most portion of the retail center on richmond and post oak (nw corner). there use to be a restaurant there but cant recall what it was.

this group has A LOT of money and plan to develop over $1B in houston within the next couple of years. they have another site tied up in the tanglewood area.. will gladly pinpoint it after they close or make it public.

Thanks again HD, I always look forward to your posts.

Are you saying they bought the whole shopping center and are building this development on the eastern end (1/3) of it?

Yes it was Mason Jar. Wouldn't 9 acres be the whole center? I think there is still some property behind the restaurant no? Or does that belong to the office building?

Yes, I would think 9 acres would be the whole center. Just wanted a little clarification. Hopefully, they would also remake the strip center into something more "urban-ish".

Windsor Plaza is actually about 12.5 acres. However, the corner lot next to Windsor is 5.5 acres, and the empty lot directly north of it, on Post Oak is about 3.5 acres, totalling about 9 acres. It appears that all of the land south of Manhattan to Richmond, with the exception of some of the pond, was part of the deal.

it was the mason jar, thanks! dam you short term memory loss due to... oh sorry, im straying off topic.

no, its not the entire center and i don't foresee another major renovation just yet.

Yes, looks to be these 3 parcels which were owned by Hines or related entities per HCAD.

045-140-004-0001 (3.3 acres)

083-022-000-0015 (5.5 acres)

083-022-000-0025 (<.5 acres)

You can see them here on this HCAD map.

HCAD map

ding. ding. ding.

we have a winner.

HD - just to understand if this development has any connection / relation to the post that I had about a possible 66-story tower in the Uptown area. I was told by the new chamber of commerce director about this, which I would assume would be a highly credible source. :ph34r:

Yet, I have not seen any additional info on this board or elsewhere. You obviously are in the know / inside - any comments or thoughts?

Thanks!

Any chance that any of their developments work their way into the CBD?

Archived