The Belle Meade At River Oaks At 2929 Westheimer Rd.

Can anyone tell me what's goin' up there? For the 1st 3 years of my life I lived at 2719 Kipling and there were tennis courts across the street. When my mother and I moved, my Godmother moved into our apartment until the complex was torn down and rebuilt in 1998. as far as I know the tennis courts were never used again (if they were, I at least know they haven't been used in the last few years) and I've been wondering what was gonna become of them. Well, finally it looks like they'll - or that area will be part of West Avenue. Is that area between Sacket and Ferndale gonna be a part of it too or somethin' else?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Found this on skyscraperpage. The poster said the site has been cleared.

http://www.graycopartners.com/currentprojects/bellemeade.php

The project is a 6-story epicore (light steel) construction on top of a 2-story podium garage. The boutique building will resemble the look of turn of the century, old New York hotels in brick with cast stone details, while spacious interiors will include such amenities as hardwood floors, 10-foot ceilings, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances and individual wine chillers. Community amenities will include conditioned interior corridors, heated pool, fitness facility, business center and a resident recreation room.

2900 block of Westheimer (west of Kirby between Ferndale and Sackett)

Number of Units:119

Net Rentable Area:168,398 square feet

Average Unit Size:1,414 square feet

Land Area:1.256 acres

Initial Units Delivered:July 2008

Construction Completion:December 2008

Team:Owner/Developer: Grayco Partners LLC

Contractor: Grayco Builders LLC

Architect: Wallace/Garcia/Wilson

Civil Engineer: Brown & Gay

Structural Engineer: Haynes Whaley Associates

MEP Engineer: Raymond Engineering

Rendering. I couldn't get it to paste for some reason.

post-723-1193628055.jpg

Edited by lockmat

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This little midrise has been rising fast... should look very nice when complete, but being only a few hundred feet away from two architectural masterpieces, West Ave. and 2727 Kirby, I would hope there would be more architectural appeal, visually. Not to say this isn't a nice looking building, but I'm just looking for a little more.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to The Belle Meade At River Oaks At 2929 Westheimer Rd.