Classified ads

GREASER

I don't especially like it, but so far I don't think it's been an out-of-control problem. If it gets too bad it is easy enough to stop. You would think the spammers would realize that everyone can quickly identify it as spam, and will accordingly ignore it.

What I can't stand is a second post in another section saying, "Go look at my classified ad!"

i think that's why he said spam. there was no reason for the 2nd post.

The only real consistant classified user is Warwick, but I don't see him as a spammer, but I also don't see him contributing anywhere else in the forum.

You would think the spammers would realize that everyone can quickly identify it as spam, and will accordingly ignore it.

The search engines don't ignore it....poor computers don't know any better.

actually i've received items from warwick. so i can vouch for him that's he's good, but regarding not participating in threads i didn't check.

in regards to the other posts that are from business', there are forums out there that have a rule.

if you are selling services you can not post unless you pay a fee. the monthly fee allows the business to be a sponsor and they can freely advertise their services.

this rule would be good for haif as it would be potential money for the site.

I've actually had the opposite impression of the classified ads. I don't patrol them as often as I'd like, but I've found them to have a lot less spam than I thought they would.

Looking through what's there now --

Cutco - Poor kid. I knew some people in high school who fell for this scheme and thought they were going to get rich selling knives door-to-door. I don't think any of them sold more than one or two sets before giving up.

A couple of vehicles for sale - both from members with a few hundred posts each.

A cleaning service - Yeah, this one is pretty obviously from someone who will never come back and post.

Sports tickets - from a forumer with over 1,000 posts

A bunch of stuff from Warwick.

Music from a demonstrated goof HAIFer.

Free plants!

I did just delete a real estate ad that was not only misfiled, but not up to HAIF standards (obvious scam).

The point of the classified ads section, and more importantly the Real Estate ads section is to keep that sort of thing out of the rest of HAIF.

True story...had a friend give away his plants as a house warming gift....(the reciever had envied the plants for a long time) anyway, plants, soil, mulch all went....come to find out there was termites in the soil/mulch. Found out a little to late.

True story...had a friend give away his plants as a house warming gift....(the reciever had envied the plants for a long time) anyway, plants, soil, mulch all went....come to find out there was termites in the soil/mulch. Found out a little to late.

OOPS!

I hope musicman doesn't read this post.

Archived