Columbus Indiana

brerrabbit

Not Houston but I was having a conversation with a good friend of mine who is from Columbus, Indiana and he was telling me that Cummins Diesel was headquartered in Columbus and that the CEO of Cummins and the charitable foundation of Cummins decided long ago that their contribution to the community would be to pay for some of the worlds greatest architects to design buildings in this town. It has a population of 39,000 and has over sixty buildings in town designed by I.M. Pei, Eliel Saarinen, Eero Saarinen, Richard Meier, Harry Weese, Dale Chihuly and Henry Moore.

This is a link to the Cities website about architecture but you can do a web search for even more. The CEO of Cummins was J. Irwin Miller and his house was designed by Eero Saarinen, with landscape by Dan Kiley The city is ranked sixth in the nation for architectural innovation and design by the American Institute of Architects on a list that includes the much larger cities of Chicago, New York, Boston, San Francisco and Washington, D.C.

http://columbus.in.us/listings/index.cfm?catId=336

Archived