I need a ac person

I am having ac problems again. If there is a ac person or if anyone has a good reference please let me know....I am pretty sure I have a burnt contactor that turns on the fan...but I dont know how to get the part, and really dont have time to mess with it. I also am contemplating a new unit....so any reference is appreciated

I am having ac problems again. If there is a ac person or if anyone has a good reference please let me know....I am pretty sure I have a burnt contactor that turns on the fan...but I dont know how to get the part, and really dont have time to mess with it. I also am contemplating a new unit....so any reference is appreciated

Controlled Air 713-861-6570. Very resonable and he knows his stuff. He balanced out our system by adding another return, probably adding years onto the unit.

Mike Arnold at Mountain Air installed my new ac/heat and new ductwork several years ago. 713-468-5359

His quote was much cheaper than the big company I used for years for same equipment. After the job was done he actually went down a bit on the price, what a shock! Self employed guy, mostly does installs and a BBB memeber since 1991. Call and get a quote if you want a new unit.

If you want to look at a mini-split (i.e. ductless) system, try getting in touch with Bellaire Air. I haven't used them (yet), but they were recommended to me and are scheduled to take a look at something I need done.

A.R.S. Service Express, 713-856-1156. My mother just had them install a new 5 ton unit, 14seer, and she said they were fast and professional.

They were a rip off $$$ compared to Sears.

Sears is just as reliable I think.

They were a rip off $$ compared to Sears.

Sears is just as reliable I think.

I called ARS for a quote, because I knew they were going to come in high, and that's what I wanted. The guy that came out to do the quote said that my ducts HAD TO BE REPLACED to be compliant with code...I asked if the existing metal ducts could just be insulated, and he indicated they could not (another contractor told me it would be no problem). I expressed my disbelief, and asked him why they required that they be replaced, and he got all pissy and stormed out!!

Haha, you got the right! I called him Mr. Picky.

I second mumbles' recommendation of Mike Arnold at Mountain Air. In 2005, he overhauled the patched-together heating system and ductwork and added central A/C in my Broadmoor bungalow. He's a creative problem-solver and a stickler for excellent work.

I called ARS for a quote, because I knew they were going to come in high, and that's what I wanted. The guy that came out to do the quote said that my ducts HAD TO BE REPLACED to be compliant with code...I asked if the existing metal ducts could just be insulated, and he indicated they could not (another contractor told me it would be no problem). I expressed my disbelief, and asked him why they required that they be replaced, and he got all pissy and stormed out!!

Sorry you had a bad experience with ARS. I guess a company as big as ARS would have a few horse's ARS'es working for them. (sorry. I couldn't resist)

Speaking only for myself, I've had good experiences with them.

I don't want this to sound like a commercial for them, but they're a lot like a convenience store. Yes they do charge a bit more, but that's because they're there when you need them. They work 24-7 and they don't charge extra for after hours or weekends.

One Saturday evening, a pipe sprung a leak under the sink in our bathroom, and an ARS guy was there 45 minutes later. You won't get that kind of service from anybody else. And they can fix just about anything in your house, from AC and heating to plumbing and appliances.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Am also facing the same problem before two month. After a long discussion from my friend i got the affordable solution to my problem.

• 7 months later...

Archived