A moment of silence

TJones

I just thought we should all take a moment and reflect on Plastic / PhD's passing(deletion).

Although he/she has provided literally minutes of hilarity here. It has been a long time coming, and I want to thank the Moderators for their valiant efforts to finally vanquish that waste of dial-up so that the rest of us who are serious about this forum and it's benefits can look around here without constant reminders of "WHY God created birth control." Happy Trails Plastic, it was real, it was fun, it just wasn't real fun. (Taps starts to fade in.)

Did a mod tell you that? And why?

Nope, Editor posted this in Plastic alter ego post here.

I just found out myself, a lot can happen over night I see.

Where does the Heights start and end? I'm trying to find out precisely where the Heights is. Is it along Heights Blvd North of

I-10 or South of I-10. Does it go all the way to 610 by Northwest Mall? Does it go West all the way by Memorial Park?

Wow, this was he best grammar work yet, he was really improving here.

Interesting how when a person gets banned the account gets called a "guest".

As a guest, you'd think you'd be invited. . . I guess it is a default choice of words for this particular software that runs the forum.

He tried. I am guessing he didn't want to post it as Plastic because he knew people were going to blow off his thread. But he was the only one posting "what if" threads, so it was obvious.

Editors post said PHd was an account created from the same computer, and therefore was a duplicate account.

But my question is, why? Why would Plastic create another account? To try and reestabish all credebility lost?

Personally, I didn't mind his posts. If anything I just cracked up at All tHe tyPoos and the neglect he gave his posts by not spell checking or at least cleaning things up at least a little. And I felt sorry for the dude as well. He never even took up for himself. He'd get made fun of and then his next post was normal, as if nothing about him was even said.

And I give him the award for best nickname ever. Plastic? How random is that? I think it fit him perfect. I could just laugh at that all day.

I'm going to miss him/her/it. I say we ask editor to forgive and forget and let him back in.

I was really looking forward to Plastic having his own sub-forum, called "Paper or... Plastic?".

BOOO!

Next time there is a HAIF meeting, I'm dumping water on you.

Editors post said PHd was an account created from the same computer, and therefore was a duplicate account.

But my question is, why? Why would Plastic create another account? To try and reestabish all credebility lost?

Personally, I didn't mind his posts. If anything I just cracked up at All tHe tyPoos and the neglect he gave his posts by not spell checking or at least cleaning things up at least a little. And I felt sorry for the dude as well. He never even took up for himself. He'd get made fun of and then his next post was normal, as if nothing about him was even said.

And I give him the award for best nickname ever. Plastic? How random is that? I think it fit him perfect. I could just laugh at that all day.

I'm going to miss him/her/it. I say we ask editor to forgive and forget and let him back in.

I really didn't mind his posts aside from the occasional (!) typos and such. I'm sure he will eventually get back on but under another handle and will probably adjust his typing style accordingly.

Same computer? or Same IP address? I dont believe the forum has any insight beyond IP address.

Now, in this case, it was obviously plastic, so no big deal, but AOL and other ISP's use dynamic IP's... i.e. your IP address will change everytime you log in, and therefore there is a chance (a rather large one too) that at some point in time, 2 different users, will post using the same IP address.

Plastic was a spammer in my opinion. All you have to do is look at his first PhD post to realize that all of his other posts were total jokes. Too many people bought it that he was real or maybe that he was an ESL poster, but his nonsense was beyond tiring.

He tried. I am guessing he didn't want to post it as Plastic because he knew people were going to blow off his thread. But he was the only one posting "what if" threads, so it was obvious.

He never really contributed anything new, rather, he just made us think. . . and most of the time, it was about stupid stuff. It would have been nice had he been more balanced and participated more in other people's threads instead of making a new ones for himself every other day.

Same computer? or Same IP address? I dont believe the forum has any insight beyond IP address.

Now, in this case, it was obviously plastic, so no big deal, but AOL and other ISP's use dynamic IP's... i.e. your IP address will change everytime you log in, and therefore there is a chance (a rather large one too) that at some point in time, 2 different users, will post using the same IP address.

I think we will see Plastic again, with a more covert style. Less what if's and more spell check.

If he manages to return.

I was really looking forward to Plastic having his own sub-forum, called "Paper or... Plastic?".

As funny as the forum title is, it is a one line punch joke that would have gotten tired really fast. I am glad he is gone, but yes, had he stayed, I would have rather seen a special forum tucking away all his bad posts.

Hands down, he was the Sanjaya of HAIF, we loved to hate him. I am glad he was voted off!

sanjaya_malakar.jpg

If he manages to return.

As funny as the forum title is, it is a one line punch joke that would have gotten tired really fast. I am glad he is gone, but yes, had he stayed, I would have rather seen a special forum tucking away all his bad posts.

Hands down, he was the Sanjaya of HAIF, we loved to hate him. I am glad he was voted off!

sanjaya_malakar.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I didn't dislike him for a second. He was like one of those kids in your class who is way different/weird and everyone picks on him. So someone has to be big enough to not be that person and befriend them or at least just be nice.

I think that just because he was weird, dumb or however people described him, doesn't mean he should've been outcasted. Everyone's got their quirks and opinions, and I was fine with his.

You forget cookies in the browser....

I didn't dislike him for a second. He was like one of those kids in your class who is way different/weird and everyone picks on him. So someone has to be big enough to not be that person and befriend them or at least just be nice.

I think that just because he was weird, dumb or however people described him, doesn't mean he should've been outcasted. Everyone's got their quirks and opinions, and I was fine with his.

That's why I never said anything bad about him or made fun of him. I use to be the short, fat kid (until I got taller going into 8th, then 9th grade), so I know what it feels like.

What a coincidence? I'm a tall fat kid now. :)

I never made fun of him myself, I don't make it a point to be the grammar police unless it's REALLY out of whack. Montrose is a good example. I never made fun of HIM although he constantly asked for it. ;)

the grammar and typos were so out of hand anyway, that it wasn't even worth mentioning. It was obvious he didn't give a rip if it was correct or not. And if he didn't know it was incorrect, scolding him for it wasn't going to matter.

I'll say it again...I'm gonna miss his posts.

Maybe we can start a list of things that was our favorite about him.

Mine was a couple days ago when he created a post asking why Houston's terrain was so different in so many places, and then Niche just responded with..."dude" and showed the map.

Guest Marty

I would say HAIF is a fair playing field. I know some of us has said thing's we should not of said, especially me! but this is a dumb move by plastic!

Not sure if he/she was an actual person we mave never know? Maybe it was a micro chip or an entity of sorts but it was quite funny. :lol:

There probably are several strange ones here that assume another name and persona? (weird section). Must remember, there could be co-workers working side by side or in an office where yeah, all they have to do is go to another computer and wallah new "identity". I mean is haif like a Fort Knox or something? Why would someone be so desperate to be here anyway. Its not life or death. Seems common sense but I just dont understand the insults part. I will miss Plastic, real or not. Need more humor in this world. :D

I would say HAIF is a fair playing field. I know some of us has said thing's we should not of said, especially me! but this is a dumb move by plastic!

And to think he called himself, "PhD!" :lol:

Like that was going to get him respect and make us believe that person was smart.

And to think he called himself, "PhD!" :lol:

Like that was going to get him respect and make us believe that person was smart.

I was thinking the same thing. It's the same thing as people trying to beat you over the head with their education. That instantly got on my nerves.

Plastic created his second account after his first was set to "moderator preview" which restricts posts from appearing on the forum until they have been approved by a moderator.

You are correct that IP addresses are not a foolproof method of identifying users. However, Plastic was not on an AOL or similar IP pool.

The forum does not report anything more than IP addresses, but checking server logs by hand can be very revealing. Plastic's computer has some very unique attributes that gave it away. I won't outline them here because it will only give griefers the information they need to avoid duplicate detection.

Plastic created his second account after his first was set to "moderator preview" which restricts posts from appearing on the forum until they have been approved by a moderator.

Wow, when was this implemented, and was he the first victim.

That explains a lot now. I thought he was just being weird, now I know he was just trying to evade the HAIF police. :lol:

I am glad you guys caught him! :lol:

Guest danax
I think he was a PHD you know how bad there handwriting/typing is!

It's their, not there. :) ...

Plastic was just yanking everyone's chain and playing dumb with the bad spells and goofy topics, IMO.

Archived