I've been there a couple times. They are very good.

I like it better than Saltgrass. When you go be sure to tell them its your first time there and they will give you a free small bowl of chili to try...which by the way is very good.

• 4 weeks later...

The one I've been to is in Pasadena off Spencer Hwy. and Beltway 8. It's good, for Pasadena... a tad more upscale, compared to other restaurants in the area, and the steaks are pretty good. I feel sorry for the cleaning crew, having to sweep up all the peanut shells though.

• 1 month later...

It's like another chain called Logan's Roadhouse, right down to the peanuts on the floor. I'm curious as to why they haven't made inroads into this area since I've seen them elsewhere around the state but that's another issue. At any rate, I've been to a couple of both chains in the past and I wasn't particularly impressed by either... but that might just be me. I remember thinking the food was priced higher than I expected when it came to what the portion size actually was.

Try it out, maybe I just had some off days for food in the past.

Have been wondering for the last several months what they are putting there. Now it's official. It's a Texas Roadhouse restaurant. Has anyone ever eaten at these? Glad this part of 1960 (instead of the revered Champions barrio) is getting some development.Steak_ribs_potato.jpg
It reminds me of an indoor picnic BBQ joint. The food was okay, nothing special. Portions were nice, and the fries are huge. Enjoy your carbs!
It's like another chain called Logan's Roadhouse, right down to the peanuts on the floor.
Yeah, I don't get that, sounds like a great excuse for lack of cleaning.

Have been wondering for the last several months what they are putting there. Now it's official. It's a Texas Roadhouse restaurant. Has anyone ever eaten at these? Glad this part of 1960 (instead of the revered Champions barrio) is getting some development.

Steak_ribs_potato.jpg

Why in the world would they take a picture of their food sitting on the floor, WITH THE PEANUTS! That is NOT appetizing AT ALL !

Why in the world would they take a picture of their food sitting on the floor, WITH THE PEANUTS! That is NOT appetizing AT ALL !

Not the floor, it's the table. The table top is made of wood. Also, the peanuts are on the table, and no doubt the peanut shells go on the floor. You know, the rustic look.

Not the floor, it's the table. The table top is made of wood. Also, the peanuts are on the table, and no doubt the peanut shells go on the floor. You know, the rustic look.

I have been there, and their tables aren't THAT big, those are woodfloors. Just look at that roll touching the floor, BLEH! I usually go by the 5 second rule, but that is in my own home, not at a healthcode violation station like this joint. ;)

• 3 months later...
It's like another chain called Logan's Roadhouse, right down to the peanuts on the floor. I'm curious as to why they haven't made inroads into this area since I've seen them elsewhere around the state but that's another issue. At any rate, I've been to a couple of both chains in the past and I wasn't particularly impressed by either... but that might just be me. I remember thinking the food was priced higher than I expected when it came to what the portion size actually was.

Try it out, maybe I just had some off days for food in the past.

I'd love for this chain steakhouse to come here. MUCH better than Outback.

Longhorn Steakhouse

I went to one in St. Joseph, Michigan this summer, and it was great. They had Texas license plates decorating each booth and I felt like I should check my car to be sure mine were still there! Seriously, I had a Cajun ribeye which was really good, and a particularly good hostess and server. I was very dubious about eating at a place called Texas anything so far from Texas, so it was a really nice surprise.

Archived