Zombie proof cabin

http://fretnot.net/blog/?p=56

I really love how these guys get creative with things. Whether it be the spinning wall in the other cabin, or the shutters on this one.

If there ever were a zombie outbreak, Id love to live in this thing (with a few million rounds of ammo, a few tons of MREs and some other essential supplies).

Very clever.

I really love it, and protection against zombies is always something to look for in a house. Just like the other one, though, I would prefer this in an urban environment instead of out in the country. It just seems a bit fortress-like for the location, but it would be great in the city. That said, I'm not sure if zombies are more of a problem in the country than in developed areas.

I think zombies would eventually become a problem in the country areas as they roam for food.

I think this house would be GREAT in low lying coastal areas. On stilts to protect from flooding, and shuttered to protect from the wind. Southern parts of Houston, Galveston, maybe even Tampa, Miami, etc.

It does seem a bit out of place in the country. But I suppose one shouldn't have to give up their preference for style simply because they want a cabin. And the natural materials and the use of rust colored steel kinda lends itself to the "rustic" nature of a cabin.

I'm not a big "log cabin" guy, so if I wanted a weekend retreat, I'd love to be able to take my style with me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Very cool. Seems like it would be a good design for a beach house, just draw those panels when you aren't there ... instant hurricane protection.

I'm surprised there aren't more of those around in coastal areas. As brutal as the environment can be, you could really lock the place down when things got hairy. Or if you were going to be gone for extended periods.

http://fretnot.net/blog/?p=56

I really love how these guys get creative with things. Whether it be the spinning wall in the other cabin, or the shutters on this one.

If there ever were a zombie outbreak, Id love to live in this thing (with a few million rounds of ammo, a few tons of MREs and some other essential supplies).

Very clever.

Zombie's can at least climb the stairs.

Archived