What's Going Up At Treashwig Rd. And Aldine-Westfield?

c4smok

Guest danax
Seems like Treashwig is being developed from 1960 to Aldine-Westfield down Treashwig... But I am wondering what is going up on that corner across from the Gas Station?

If anybody knows please post..

Are you talking about Treaschwig at Aldine-Westfield? There's a shopping center going in on the NW corner and across from there it appears the old Exxon is being converted into another brand with a small strip mall behind it.

My son lives in Fairfax nearby and I used to live there in the early 90s. I'm sure you know but, for those who don't get up that way much, the forest is going fast and the area is filling with new homes in the low-end range (90s-130s), which is really just a current version of what was originally there and what was built in the first boom in the 70s. So, to jump to the conclusion that it's "future ghetto/high crime"area might be premature. That's really a sociological question, not an architectural one.

Guest Marty

New subdivision's are being built across the street from the Jack in the Box and next door on Treschwig road @ Aldine Westfield. They knock down all the signs running water lines, etc.. but it said New Shopping Center coming soon.

Guest Marty

There is one of them complexes at Aldine Westfield and Hirschfield about 1/2 mile north of the construction site.

cheap land + no zoning + greedy developers = bestofluck

Hilarious. Yeah, I work around there and the land is pretty cheap. I never understood the no zoning thing, but hey, whatever works right...?

I'll have to drive down there as I always just turn up 1960 (at Aldine Westfield) and head east towards I45. I rarely venture off into the hinterlands, but I'll check it out some day.

The Area 3 years ago..

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll...p;z=15&om=1

People are buying these houses that are going up in flood plans also... Wonder if they know?

Mercer Park is a sad joke now...

Starting to look disgusting with all the trees gone, Expect worse floods because of the forests being plowed down.. What is worse is what they are doing on the other side of Cyperswood, in a major flood plan to the East..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Marty

When they cleared the land next to the Arboretum it flooded the park and the develeper had to stop construction, I think the county threaten to sue the home builders over this but they regraded the land and now they are building houses again 8+ so far.

In the last week someone clear cut the land across the street from Kroger at Treaschwig @ Cypresswood.

• 3 weeks later...
In the last week someone clear cut the land across the street from Kroger at Treaschwig @ Cypresswood.

Yeah, does anyone have any clue whats going up right there. I've heard its going to be section 8 apartments.

• 6 months later...

There is a Strip center going up behind Jack in the Box... Looks like they are drilling a Water Well there also..

Bunch of dirt mounds across the street from Shell though.

Land is all clear in front of Krogers down the road by Cyperswood..

Wonder when they are going to get started on the on the 5 lane expansion to Treashwig Rd... Then the eventually connection to Kingwood..

We should stand up against developers. :angry2:

All development is not bad ... tacky development is.

For example, I like having that JITB there as a lunch option (I work in the area), but probably wouldn't use the strip mall for much of anything. But for residents that live close to it, it might turn out to be okay. I mean, down AW where the HEB is, it was probably like that at one time as well...?

Development takes time.

• The title was changed to What's Going Up At Treashwig Rd. And Aldine-Westfield?

Archived