By the way, the new alignment for FM 1464 is now open through Aliana. Drove it tonight, and even though they have only one lane open in each direction, it's a vast improvement over the old 1464. It also carries you past Aliana's new rec center (under construction), which looks quite impressive.

I still don't get it. Are you accusing the developers of Aliana of some sort of wrongdoing? Seriously, you keep posting these vague messages about how there's something horribly wrong with Aliana, but you're not backing it up with anything. WHAT ARE YOU GETTING AT? You say there's something else at play that is being missed. WHAT IS IT? Please, enlighten us with your wisdom ...

They show all those beautiful things because that's the PLAN. That's why it's called a master-PLANNED community. They're showing you what it will look like WHEN IT'S FINISHED. They only started building houses there in the past 12 months. It will take many, many years to build out a 2,000-acre development (maybe even longer in the current economic climate).

By the way, the new alignment for FM 1464 is now open through Aliana. Drove it tonight, and even though they have only one lane open in each direction, it's a vast improvement over the old 1464. It also carries you past Aliana's new rec center (under construction), which looks quite impressive.

This was my only concern, as it seems like FM1464 cutting the neighborhood in half now, with the "cheaper" homes east of the new road with easier access to the rec center. It seems more dangerous for kids riding their bikes to the pool to have to cross a 4 lane FM1464.

I noticed while headed southbound on 99 yesterday a bunch of new stadium lights up on the back of the development. I guess that's the new polo field.

This was my only concern, as it seems like FM1464 cutting the neighborhood in half now, with the "cheaper" homes east of the new road with easier access to the rec center. It seems more dangerous for kids riding their bikes to the pool to have to cross a 4 lane FM1464.

Hmmm ... sounds a little bit like New Territory, don'tcha think?

It's the master-planned community at Highway 90A and Grand Parkway. New Territory is divided by the Grand Parkway, which is currently 4-6 lanes (plus a wide median), but will eventually be a freeway ...

Edited by jrc

with the "cheaper" homes east of the new road with easier access to the rec center.

These are the planned neighborhoods east of the new road:

Bretton Woods, $235-$350s

Waterchase, $200s-$300s

Wedgewood, $200s

Now, I know it's all relative, but those prices don't sound "cheap" ...

For the record ...

I just visited each builder's Web site for each of those neighborhoods. Meritage is the builder in Bretton Woods and Waterchase, and they are now promoting "lower" prices ($174,880-$272,880). Mercedes is the builder in Wedgewood (priced $180s-$240s).

Hmmm ... sounds a little bit like New Territory, don'tcha think?

It does, but I don't think FM1464 has plans to get bigger than what it is. Still, a major intersection is a major intersection: not safe for kids to cross - especially rambunctious kids excited to go swimming.

As for the home prices, I used the word "cheaper" because its relative, and not literal - although with todays building practices I suppose it could be the latter.

While New Territory IS divided by the Grand Parkway there are bicycle trails and walking paths that allow residents safe passage. While the median price on the West side is lower than the East side it hosts the Sports Complex and several baseball fields used by all the residents. It doesn't sound like what you are describing at all.

What do you think?

And for the record, this will be my last response to you, Cali~girl. I knew better than to feed a troll, but did it anyway.

I've read the same posts she's put up about Aliana both here and at City-Data. She is sharing her opinion, and in a few cases she has backed up her posts with research. To my mind, she is not a troll. She is a participating member of these forums, voicing her opinions, just like the rest of us.

The posts at City-Data have been deleted, and I haven't seen anything backed up by research. All I see is innuendo.

She was clearly lying and not backing up any of her posts!

Thats the reason all of her posts were deleted...

She has a vendetta, and is starting the same stuff over here!

• Like 1

She was clearly lying and not backing up any of her posts!

Thats the reason all of her posts were deleted...

She has a vendetta, and is starting the same stuff over here!

Yes, this is what happened over at city-data. We were even fussed at for not reporting her sooner for being a troll.

Long story short: It was basically found out she had some kind of personal beef with one of the homebuilders out of Florida, who happens to be one of the many builders in Aliana. That's the only connection.

• Like 1

I find myself with many in the group thinking... "So what?" It sounds like you're making a big deal out of very little. Companies go bankrupt all the time. Hundreds a day in good times, thousands a day these days. What's your point?

Earlier you wrote, "There is something else at play here that is being missed - Truth does Matter!"

We're still waiting for you to reveal the big secret. Please reveal the huge "truth" that has heretofore been covered up.