Help identify this furniture!

flipper

Guest Marty

These pieces of furniture look exactly like the advertisements from Montgomery Wards and Sears in the 1969 newspapers that i have.

I am not sure what you mean by identify? You mean the style? the time frame (years) this type was made?the maker? please be more clear.

All of it seems cool after all these years with the exception of that plaid nighmare. :lol:

You can still find much of this type in motels on Telephone Rd. but they have bullet holes in them.

Goodwill/Salvation Army galore!

Judging by the tile in the house, the house that he showed us that is for sale in our neighborhood, and the estate sale sign I remember seeing this weekend, I think he bought these items at the estate sale on Stillbrooke and wants to know if we know what they are...

Judging by the tile in the house, the house that he showed us that is for sale in our neighborhood, and the estate sale sign I remember seeing this weekend, I think he bought these items at the estate sale on Stillbrooke and wants to know if we know what they are...

I saw them when looking at the house and thought they were neat. Just curious about them :)

I'm just imagining getting up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water, then bumping into one of the pointed armrests on that chair...OWW!

By the way, yes, Inner Loop garbage and estate sales are the best ways to acquire furniture. If you know what you are looking for, and you don't mind doing some minor repairs, you can get some real bargains. I bought a 1920s dining room set at an estate sale for $250, then did some research, and came to find it was worth closer to $5000.

armchair - early 1950's Viking Art Line. I have 3 of these and they come up for sale pretty often, although I've never seen one with those style armrests. Wish I had made it to that Estate Sale ....

PS - love the vintage floor tile in those pics!

Archived