I need some 1/4 inch sheetrock

I know its not standard anymore, but one of the stores carried it...which one?

I don't know but you need to get yourself a Granger catalog. It has just about everything you could imagine.

Makes for great bathroom reading material too.

That is pretty brittle stuff, may I ask what used will this be for.

As you mentioned, most are 1/2" or 5/8" now.

i will ask my dad tomorrow. i have some in my garage that he bought to do some patch work. i thought it was lowes or depot.

That is pretty brittle stuff, may I ask what used will this be for.

As you mentioned, most are 1/2" or 5/8" now.

many of the older shiplapped homes used 1/4 sheetrock to cover the wallpaper but yet it was thinner than the trimwork so it didn't stick out.

Musicman...I will buy some if ya want to get rid of it....need like 5 ft x 6 inches.....and I have never seen it at lowes...which one would that be flipper?

i just spoke with my dad and he said home depot....let me see how much i have left. i know i have at least 4' not sure about 5' but will check when i get home.

Musicman...I will buy some if ya want to get rid of it....need like 5 ft x 6 inches.....and I have never seen it at lowes...which one would that be flipper?

I bought it at the beechnut @ west loop store. That was this time last year though. Give em a call and see if they still carry it I guess.

flipper

i will ask my dad tomorrow. i have some in my garage that he bought to do some patch work. i thought it was lowes or depot.

many of the older shiplapped homes used 1/4 sheetrock to cover the wallpaper but yet it was thinner than the trimwork so it didn't stick out.

I feel for the wall paper industry. That is not a popular option for homes anymore. I have tried to peel off wallpaper and the residue it leaves is hard to remove. So you have to re-texturize that wall again.

Thanks for the answer, now I know, and "knowing is half the battle!"

I got some at the gulfgate home depot, but it was over a year ago.

it was in a corner away from the regular stock and was hard to find.

i had to ask someone where it was.

I feel for the wall paper industry. That is not a popular option for homes anymore. I have tried to peel off wallpaper and the residue it leaves is hard to remove. So you have to re-texturize that wall again.

Thanks for the answer, now I know, and "knowing is half the battle!"

not the same kind of wallpaper you're thinking about. this is pasted on material which is nailed to wall.

Yeah, most everyone has it, you just have to find someone who know's what you're looking for. You might call ahead to be sure, but when we did our wall repairs a few months back there was plenty of the 1/4" at Lowes on Ella at 610.

I did not know that they still made 1/4" sheetrock. Very interesting...

We were doing some remodeling a few years ago, and could not find it anywhere! We ended up cutting some out of the inside of a closet, then re-sheetrocking the inside of the closet with 5/8" material.

Archived