The Bel Air: Multifamily At 2121 Allen Pkwy.

KatieDidIt

Does anyone know anything about this property? We are considering leasing there for a few based on the meer fact the facility has a dog park and it right in downtown. We are just starting to look and we saw this one on the way to dinner at Ibiza last night.

Thanks

Does anyone know anything about this property? We are considering leasing there for a few based on the meer fact the facility has a dog park and it right in downtown. We are just starting to look and we saw this one on the way to dinner at Ibiza last night.

Thanks

I don't really know anything fur sure, but I have read a lot of bad reviews about the place... particularly that the management is bad... of course, you never know what's really true.

Thanks

I checked it out when I was looking for apts....they were just opening at the time....they were quite expensive - very nice property...I can't say anything about mgmt since I didn't choose to live there....check out their website:

http://www.belairhouston.com/

I saw the Bel-Air (at 2121 Allen Parkway) during the Art Car Parade. It seems like a typical "European-inspired" complex.

As for the information on Bel-Air's school zoning (Houston ISD):

* Wharton Elementary School

* Gregory-Lincoln Education Center (Middle school 6-8 only)

* Lamar High School

Gregory-Lincoln's building, by the way, looks like a prison (I haven't seen any renderings of the new building, though)

Thanks

According to O'Connor, prices range from $1.99 per square foot for the smallest 1/1 to $1.29 psf for the largest 3/3. They're offering 2 months of free rent for 12-month leases, so the effective prices psf range from $1.66 to 1.08. That's a little easier to swallow, and is a heck of a lot better than Sabine Street Lofts. 87% of units have been leased, though, so the specials might come to an end pretty soon.

Thanks

It used to be the site of the Allen Park Inn. The API was a great place. It didn't look like much from the outside but once you got inside it was beautifully landscaped, with a great pool and palapa bar. The bar at the API was like walking into 1965 -- and they served Prime Rib until 2 a.m. Anyway...

The API is no longer there because it flooded during T.S. Allison in 2001. You will find this hard to believe, but I saw it with my own eyes both a the time of the flood and visiting the hotel to salvage some stuff a few months later -- the water was about as high as the first floor units of the Bel-Air. What appears to be the Bel-Air's parking garage on the ground level was underwater.

So, the only thing I can tell you is that if we have another wicked storm like Allison, you can expect your car to be flooded and, if you live on the first floor at the front of the property, your carpet to be soaked. But how often do you get a chance to launch a kayak from your balcony?

I don't know anything else about the place or its management, but I think it looks like a nice development. The location is great. Just ask for the second floor and park as close to Dallas St. as possible during a storm.

It used to be the site of the Allen Park Inn. The API was a great place. It didn't look like much from the outside but once you got inside it was beautifully landscaped, with a great pool and palapa bar. The bar at the API was like walking into 1965 --

Very fond memories of the bar. The red neon sign just said "Cocktail Lounge" which was kind of cool, so we always just referred to it as Cocktail Lounge. "Like walking into 1965" exactly sums it up.

Thanks for all your comments!! HAIF is a fountain of information.

Luckily we found a house, and the contract was accepted, that is 70% redone. This is great, and we can easily live there while bringing the rest of it back to life. I was getting exhausted just thinking about apartment/condo living with two border collies and two active boys.

Kaite....are in the JLNHSMC? Are you going to transfer to the Houston chapter? I just saw in an old post that you said you worked with the League.

Hey. I resigned from the Houston League in good standing a little while back, I may reactivate in the Spring.

No, I never tranferred. I knew I wanted to be a sustainer in the Houston League. Also, It seemed a big hike to the one up here too. I don't know about the strictness, I think all the leagues have gotten pretty lax in their policies over the past ten years out of fear of law suits.

My account is not set up for PMs. Sorry

• The title was changed to The Bel Air: Multifamily At 2121 Allen Parkway
  • The title was changed to The Bel Air: Multifamily At 2121 Allen Pkwy.

Archived