Cost Per Sqft To Build A Custom House In Pearland?

ikonos

Hi All,

How much does it cost on a per sqft basis to build a nice custom built house with great quality in pearland/manvel? I am looking for a 3000-4000 sqft 2 story house on a 10000 sqft lot with wood/tile floors etc. Can any one recommend some quality architects and builders you have dealt with?

Thanks in Advance

As i mentioned in my original post i want hardwood/tile floors in most areas. Open floor plan with large windows. Custom cabinets, French doors. The plans i have seen so far typically have 70% of the living area on the ground floor and 30% on the top floor. I like it to be more like 60/40 or 55/45. This will be my first house and I did not like the houses i have seen so far and hence my attempt at house building. I am trying to read as much as possible to learn what it takes to build before jumping in. It will be of great help if some one can point out typical costs for moderately customized house vs a highly customized house. Any recommendation on reading resources, architects/builders is appreciated.

Thanks

As i mentioned in my original post i want hardwood/tile floors in most areas. Open floor plan with large windows. Custom cabinets, French doors. The plans i have seen so far typically have 70% of the living area on the ground floor and 30% on the top floor. I like it to be more like 60/40 or 55/45. This will be my first house and I did not like the houses i have seen so far and hence my attempt at house building. I am trying to read as much as possible to learn what it takes to build before jumping in. It will be of great help if some one can point out typical costs for moderately customized house vs a highly customized house. Any recommendation on reading resources, architects/builders is appreciated.

Thanks

one book i recommend is build it right by myron ferguson. i know it is also avail on amazon. from your post you don't seem too knowledgable so this book will probably be very helpful with respect to the whole process. if i were you i'd probably hand sketch some possbilities and then use the sketch as a starting point with the architect.

do you already own the lot? land prices vary considerably so it's hard to even begin to give you a price.

i will say this, once you read the book and really absorb what the author tells you, hopefully you'll realize that building a good home is more than "open floor plan wtih large windows, custom cabinets, French doors." it must be functional!

i've seen so many new poorly designed houses recently that it amazes me they are still in business.

You're probably looking at $85-100 per square foot and up, plus the lot. But as has been previously stated, it depends on your finishes, etc. You could easily see the far side of $300 per square foot if you just went completely nuts with the design and finishes.

Thanks

I would check out Saenz Custom Homes I know he is building custom homes in Yost Street the Subdivions is call La Paloma in Pearland. I think the most expensive home he build in there cost 1.2 million He is the developer of the Subdivision. give him a call his number is 832-788-5641

• The title was changed to Cost Per Sqft To Build A Custom House In Pearland?

Archived