Sharpton a Bigot?

AJXterra

After all the hooplah over Imus a few weeks back; here possibly comes another sad example of hatred in the US.

BOSTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- The Rev. Al Sharpton, who recently urged that radio host Don Imus be fired for making a racially insensitive remark, said in a debate that "those who really believe in God will defeat" Republican Mitt Romney for the White House.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/05/09/rom...n.ap/index.html

Highlights:

"As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation."

I'm just on the front end of this and everyone should read up on it for themselves... But it does seem rediculous that one day he can call for someone to lose their job and the next do something similar to a political 'opponent'.

After all the hooplah over Imus a few weeks back; here possibly comes another sad example of hatred in the US.

BOSTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- The Rev. Al Sharpton, who recently urged that radio host Don Imus be fired for making a racially insensitive remark, said in a debate that "those who really believe in God will defeat" Republican Mitt Romney for the White House.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/05/09/rom...n.ap/index.html

Highlights:

"As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation."

I'm just on the front end of this and everyone should read up on it for themselves... But it does seem rediculous that one day he can call for someone to lose their job and the next do something similar to a political 'opponent'.

The guy is a first class hypocrite through and through. Not really news, in my opinion.

I'm not really a fan of his, but he THINKS he's doing good work.

My major problem with him is that he's just not very consistent on his views.

Then again, there are people on here who I feel the same thing about. :)

He's also not very informed or particularly intelligent, so I don't worry too much about what he says.

As much as I dislike him, I think he is quite intelligent, he's just ignorant and inconsistent on facts that he talks about. He just selects facts that reflect his personal views and ignores others that don't. sorta' like some people on this system. :)

Glen Beck with be all over this. LOL. I believe he is mormon also.

Beck is supposed to have him on his show sometime in the near future, but I don't know when. He was all over him on monday or tuesday if I remember correctly. Drudge report has an interesting audio clip on what he actually says.

I totally agree, however, once people starts paying attention to him, he should be taken seriously.

There have been people throughout history that shouldn't have been taken seriously, but were eventually granted status because he was ignored. People have to take on stupidity, ignorance, and racism no matter what form it takes and to shout it down.

If we don't, it will spiral out of control before we realize it.

I totally agree, however, once people starts paying attention to him, he should be taken seriously.

There have been people throughout history that shouldn't have been taken seriously, but were eventually granted status because he was ignored. People have to take on stupidity, ignorance, and racism no matter what form it takes and to shout it down.

If we don't, it will spiral out of control before we realize it.

You're right. I should have said "pays attention to this man" instead of "takes this man seriously."

Bigot? Nah. Just a Big Idiot.

And an attempted dash-and-diner.

Believe it or not, I think Quanell (where are the cameras?) X aspires to be like Sharpton.

Quite frankly, I think the world would be better off if these two were never born.

(yes, I said it, it's on print. so there!)

You're right. I should have said "pays attention to this man" instead of "takes this man seriously."

Al Sharpton is Seriously an Idiot. Always sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. His Karma will eventually catch up with him, and he will fall so far, that Beelzebub will have to name a new part of Hell for him.

Whenever Al gets involved in a case and it is revealed that there is no merit to the case, he will make stuff up just to get his followers lathered up. He even has the black population scratching their heads wondering how in the world did Al Sharpton become a voice for their community.

Mr Quannel and his other copy cats aspire for fame and $. Its no secret that they are dying to one day have statues, airport terminals and films to be made about them. Plant the seed now reap the benfits later. In fact odd as we discuss; Quannel is being interviewed on TV I think tonight? He supposedly lives a life of luxury the station stated. He will be questioned as to where all that mula comes from to pay for the lavish life style. How many armed guards do you think will be behind the screen?

It just makes me wonder how can a person that claims to be a reverend or Man of God constantly urges children to hate the white devils that put them & thier families where they are? Talk about about vicious cycle. Not exagerrating either he is on film footage urging the kids to not trust the establishment of white pigs in authority. Pure hate. Again, just quoting.

Well, turns out his parents were both associated with the Nation of Islam and in his youth was busted for drugs. He saw the light and followed his parent's path (they were divorced and mom moved to Houston). He was kicked out of the NOI because of his public incitement ("If you feel that you just got to mug somebody because of your hurt and your pain, go to River Oaks and mug you some good white folks.

Agreed on both...

Quannel is quite photogenic. He seems trained well in reading and rehearsing in front of the mirror. His sudden shift into the character is as fast as lightning. Method acting is the term. For a young dude he must have real high blood pressure. I would be careful healthwise that is. He says he learned from the best. He had a real hard time keeping the swearing under his lip. Like a volcanoe about to blow. Poor guy.

All this time he gave the impression he was a local Texan but he is from glamorous South Central LA.

I'm shattered! :blink:

Wonder if KHOU 11's ratings hit the roof last night from his famous interview?

well Beck is going to have him on the show. it should be quite interesting.

What time Ricco, I need to see that one. I got $5 that says Sharpton leaves within 10 minutes of the interview. LOL!

Channell 11 was smart and kept Quannel for last, I was able to watch the Dolcefino piece about failing teachers. I normally wouldn't watch anything by that dirtbag, but this one caught my attention.

Channell 11 was smart and kept Quannel for last, I was able to watch the Dolcefino piece about failing teachers. I normally wouldn't watch anything by that dirtbag, but this one caught my attention.

sounds like the school districts are the culprits not wayne.

sounds like the school districts are the culprits not wayne.

Believe me when I tell you, Wayne IS a culprit. Not of failing tests though. He's just had a little trouble with following women a little too closely in the past.

In all seriousness, the mind does wonder. They said Quannell dealt dope but they did not elaborate on what it was. Was it weed/grass? nose candy? I would love to ask him point blank what he used to sell. Wouldn't it be bizarre if you were at a red light and he comes up real quick trying to make a deal?

I bet he used to push some hard sh...t. He must have been pretty good at it.

Something got that anger going. :mellow:

Believe me when I tell you, Wayne IS a culprit. Not of failing tests though. He's just had a little trouble with following women a little too closely in the past.

well we've all done things we're not proud of. i did enjoy listening to him play the bongos with some band at live bait......or whatever that club was in shepherd plaza facing greenbriar. he would play there regularly.

well we've all done things we're not proud of. i did enjoy listening to him play the bongos with some band at live bait......or whatever that club was in shepherd plaza facing greenbriar. he would play there regularly.

Sounds like the one that had pool tables? It fizzled out pretty quick but was quite the rage for its day. We used to always see him partying/playing at Party on the Plaza in its hey day. he's gotten quite rotund lately must be all that fast food that roving reports eat while their out busting chops. >:)

In all seriousness, the mind does wonder. They said Quannell dealt dope but they did not elaborate on what it was. Was it weed/grass? nose candy? I would love to ask him point blank what he used to sell. Wouldn't it be bizarre if you were at a red light and he comes up real quick trying to make a deal?

I bet he used to push some hard sh...t. He must have been pretty good at it.

Something got that anger going. :mellow:

Quanell got busted for pot, then not too long after that his brother was killed in a drug deal gone bad, and THAT is supposedly what changed his life.

BTW, you guys and your club "memories" are horrible, The place with the pool tables was called The Ballroom and it was around for about 5 years, I wouldn't call that "fizzling out quick" here in Houston, and they didn't have live bands. Live Bait was on Richmond and IT is now an ALL NUDE strip club, next to some condos. The only Bar that KINDA faced Greenbriar would have been 8.0s.

What time Ricco, I need to see that one. I got $5 that says Sharpton leaves within 10 minutes of the interview. LOL!

tonight on cnn headline news at 6, 8, and 11pm.

BTW, you guys and your club "memories" are horrible, The place with the pool tables was called The Ballroom and it was around for about 5 years, I wouldn't call that "fizzling out quick" here in Houston, and they didn't have live bands. Live Bait was on Richmond and IT is now an ALL NUDE strip club, next to some condos. The only Bar that KINDA faced Greenbriar would have been 8.0s.

the bar i'm talking about didn't kinda face greenbriar, it faced greenbriar! and yes they had bands. i don't know about pool tables, maybe one. i believe their was a little patio out back. i just did a quick search

Live Bait

3743 Greenbriar Drive

Houston, TX 77098

look like my memory is doing fine!

Archived