Clay Court Championships to stay in Houston

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4782892.html

It was announced a few months ago that Westside Tennis and Fitness would no longer be hosting the Clay Court Championships. There was speculation that the tournament could move to either Atlanta, Winston-Salem, N.C., or Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.

The new home of the Clay Court Championship is the River Oaks Country Club. Rizpekt :)

Does anyone have any pictures of what the River Oaks tennis facility actually looks like? Their website has since expired (not a very good sign) and I haven't found anything....

The ROCC website hasn't expired - it may be an old temporary event website that you found. There's a photo in the Chronicle article (above), and here's another:

houston06_venue.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

yeah the river oaks country club is nice. i wonder y westside tennis is no longer hosint it. they still host the hard court right??

i remember when i first went to west side tennis the area wasn't what i expected but once inside it was cool. i got blake and roddicks' autograph.

with that said i'll share a funny story that happened while i was there. i was in the stands watching the roddic and matin match and there was this girl sitting on the receiving side of the court. throughout the whole game she kept yelling "I LOVE U ANDY" and she would even wave, LOL. well, andy did one of his 140 mph serve, aced todd martin..the ball bounced up and hit that girl in the face.

oh man i couldn't stop laughing. i mean it was bad that she got hit but....LOL what made it even more funny was the fact that she was this cute girl that andy hit in the face with a tennis ball. he just did a sorry wave and moved on.....ahhhh memories :D

i'd like to one day go and enjoy wimbledon B)

Archived