Texas packs a 1-2 punch

I was reading the Houston Biz Journal online earlier and it said Greater Houston and DFW took the top 2 spots in the nation for non-farm job growth this past year. I would have expected Houston to be up there but with all the predictions of a DFW downturn I expected mediocre results. It's amazing how far behind the California metros were in those measures.

jason

I was reading the Houston Biz Journal online earlier and it said Greater Houston and DFW took the top 2 spots in the nation for non-farm job growth this past year. I would have expected Houston to be up there but with all the predictions of a DFW downturn I expected mediocre results. It's amazing how far behind the California metros were in those measures.

jason

Texas is booming... go us! B)

We have been hiring a lot of Californians who have relocated to Houston over the past few years. They are here because it is too expensive to own a home out there. I am sure DFW has experienced this same phenomena. California's loss is Texas' gain.

We have been hiring a lot of Californians who have relocated to Houston over the past few years. They are here because it is too expensive to own a home out there. I am sure DFW has experienced this same phenomena. California's loss is Texas' gain.

I think AZ and NV are the primary destinations for those leaving CA but Texas definitely does well in that area. It's been a while since I have seen one of those lists of which county everyone from a county moved from though.

Jason

I think AZ and NV are the primary destinations for those leaving CA but Texas definitely does well in that area. It's been a while since I have seen one of those lists of which county everyone from a county moved from though.

Jason

7000 of the 10000 people moving to Phoenix each month are from California.

Archived