Favorite Photo Places In Galveston

for those who know and photograph in galveston, where are your favorite spots to go. I would like to find places that capture the flavor of galveston as well as places that are good for black and white. I'll be going to galveston again in a few weeks.

Can't wait to eat at Bennos again.

Death to all the giant Cockroaches!

Alright, can't wait to see your photos of Galveston.

As far as spots, I'm not that familiar with the spots other than the touristy areas, beach, strand, DT.

But I did see a photo thread from someone earlier on the neighborhoods of Galveston. Showed the real Galveston, poor and rich.

Might want to try looking at some past threads for that one.

Found it. It's from Jason, here's the link

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...?showtopic=9371

You might want to PM him on the cool spots for photos.

Good luck.

For nature shots you can get a good sunset from Bob Smith Drive in Jamacia Beach.

It's in a neighborhood though, so you don't really get a change to hang out, and you wont see many people in your shots.

Also, there are some neat old homes up and along 45th.

hr1865258-14.jpg

The "One-Ways" will give you the true essence of Galveston imo. They run down avenues O & P from the east end to the west end, to about 53rd street. They are on the south end of the island (the beach side of Broadway). Of course, there's Rosenberg (25th street). Also, the rarely photographed Cedar Lawn neighborhood on 45th street should produce some nice photograhs for you.

I just read the Scottish Rite Masonic Lodge ( 2128 Church St) is giving a very rare tour of the interior this weekend thru May 13th. You should check this place out. My favorite structure on the island!

Here's a good read about the place from Tuesday's print of the Galveston Daily News...

http://news.galvestondailynews.com/story.l...4003359f924e4cc

ScottishRiteNow%20Sm.jpg

5-1-ScottishRite1.jpg

5-1-ScottishRite5.jpg

The "One-Ways" will give you the true essence of Galveston imo. They run down avenues O & P from the east end to the west end, to about 53rd street. They are on the south end of the island (the beach side of Broadway). Of course, there's Rosenberg (25th street). Also, the rarely photographed Cedar Lawn neighborhood on 45th street should produce some nice photograhs for you.

I just read the Scottish Rite Masonic Lodge ( 2128 Church St) is giving a very rare tour of the interior this weekend thru May 13th. You should check this place out. My favorite structure on the island!

Here's a good read about the place from Tuesday's print of the Galveston Daily News...

http://news.galvestondailynews.com/story.l...4003359f924e4cc

ScottishRiteNow%20Sm.jpg

5-1-ScottishRite1.jpg

5-1-ScottishRite5.jpg

thanks everyone. I hope to actually get to photograph this time. Everytime I go there is always something that needs to be fixed at the rental.

I dunno if I will post the pics because i saw what you guys have taken and it's way better than my stuff!

Funny thing is i am a photographer by profession :)

• The title was changed to Favorite Photo Places In Galveston

Archived