How can gays have children?

musicman

Well, you have to either do that or adopt if you want to make a kids. Two guys can't magically make a baby on their own, and likewise same with the ladies.

As I said earlier, one male partner may have his sister act as a surrogate - And with females, the same with one partner's brother.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That would make the child the man's son AND nephew. Yuck.

Yeah, I don't know about that either, that is worse than cousins getting married.

I am sure some one the sisters genes get mixed with the child.

I'd rather have a friend do it than a family member.

If I were gay the last thing I'd want is kids.

I'd be driving my Audi TT convertible with Scissor Sisters blasting on the radio, going to the gym every day, doing lots of shopping, dressing sharp and wiggin my butt off every weekend in the Monstrose.

A sterotype, I know, but if you're gonna be gay you might as well go for it! Why weigh yourself down with rug rats?

Be free! Be gai!

I'd be driving my Audi TT convertible Honda Element with Scissor Sisters Nelly Furtado blasting on the radio, going to the gym every day five times a week, doing lots of moderate shopping, dressing sharp in t-shirt and jeans and wiggin my butt off every weekend in the Monstrose spending time with my boyfriend at home.

I am close to the stereotype, but not quite. ^_^

But I have to hand it too you B) , the convertible, Prada/Gucci wearing , Scissor Sisters listening (how did you know about that anyways. . .), gym rat, circuit boys are all too common in the Houston gay scene. :huh:

They start going on the weekly clubing nights it in their twenties and go out each weekend (sometimes all 3 nights) to South Beach, doing bumps and look foolish dancing on the speaker blocks without their shirts. Some still are doing it into their fifties, and in my opinion, it is a unhealthy cycle that can only lead to a horrible ending. They will never find happiness in a stinky club every weekend. It is the same people, and since I worked at a gay bar part time, you see the same tired people. There is more to life than drinking drugs and dancing without your shirt off EVERY weekend. No wonder they are single and promiscuous.

Going to the bars should be a infrequent, if that. . . not a weekly habit. You will never have a healthy relationship with anyone that way. :(

Yeah, I don't know about that either, that is worse than cousins getting married.

I am sure some one the sisters genes get mixed with the child.

I'd rather have a friend do it than a family member.

In all cases that I know of where a family member was a surrogate, the sperm did not come from the surrogate's brother! For example, partner A's sister is the surrogate, and is impregnated with partner B's sperm. The sperm and egg come from two people who are not biologically related. However, the resulting child has genes from partner B and a close relative of partner A, which makes the child a biological relative of partner A. Hope that wasn't too confusing!

I'd be driving my Audi TT convertible with Scissor Sisters blasting on the radio, going to the gym every day, doing lots of shopping, dressing sharp and wiggin my butt off every weekend in the Monstrose.

A sterotype, I know, but if you're gonna be gay you might as well go for it! Why weigh yourself down with rug rats?

Be free! Be gai!

Hidden agenda?

As I said earlier, one male partner may have his sister act as a surrogate - And with females, the same with one partner's brother.

Will it be a testube baby, or will the brother get to have a little fun ? ;)

I am pretty liberal on matters of how people acquire/have children, but I am not sure I'd want to (essentially) impregnate my sister just to have a child.

LOL! , not that way you dolt, the other chick has the kid. LOL!

Will it be a testube baby, or will the brother get to have a little fun ? ;)

I guess it depends if the two parties are interested in conceiving THAT way.

I have not performed a lot of research with sister/brother makes baby in homosexual relationship scenarios, but I bet that may happen in some of them.

So, a question steming from this.

Which is better, 2 dads, or 2 moms?

2 moms likely are more loving, but my be overprotective, but gay men are usually more affluent and can provide more for their kids.

2 moms likely are more loving, but my be overprotective, but gay men are usually more affluent and can provide more for their kids.

now you're pitting men against women OR are you trying to say that a man and woman would be best?

now you're pitting men against women OR are you trying to say that a man and woman would be best?

No, not that money making a childs up bringing better, but it can make it easier and open more doors, such as living in a better safer neighborhood, nicer school districts, and college cost will be covered.

Men have an edge when it comes to income, so (2) men are better than (1) man and (1) woman, and better than (2) women.

Despite the few exceptions, in general, gays are more affluent and can better provide than (2) women.

Men have an edge when it comes to income, so (2) men are better than (1) man and (1) woman, and better than (2) women.

Despite the few exceptions, in general, gays are more affluent and can better provide than (2) women.

providing and being good parents are two different things. there are many "less affluent" parents that raise better children than those who are affluent.

No, not that money making a childs up bringing better, but it can make it easier and open more doors, such as living in a better safer neighborhood, nicer school districts, and college cost will be covered.

Are you joking? I hope you are, but I'm not quite sure.

This assumes that the most critical aspect of raising children is affluence and high income. While affluence certainly does make raising children easier in terms of providing material benefits, affluence does not gurantee that children will grow up to be happy, productive adults. Money is a necessary but insufficient condition for raising children well. It may be that affluence is not a necessary condition for raising children and inappropriately deployed can be a detriment to raising children.

Are you joking? I hope you are, but I'm not quite sure.

Gay men have more disposable income. They are the ones targeted by advertisers to buy fancy shoes, clothes, go on cruises, buy tickets to stupid expensive circuit parties, use cosmetics and skin care lines (you know who are), and go out to the bars and waste money on drinks.

How many primarily lesbians bars are out there and are really nice, "0". Have you been to Chances or New Barn? How many lesbian parties are there, "0"?

Most of the nice places that are gay oriented; restaurants, clothing stores, clubs cater to the men, not women.

Long story short, for the gay men that have domestic priorities, they can use that disposable income that marketers want so bad and invest in their kids.

Gay men have more disposable income. They are the ones targeted by advertisers to buy fancy shoes, clothes, go on cruises, buy tickets to stupid expensive circuit parties, use cosmetics and skin care lines (you know who are), and go out to the bars and waste money on drinks.

How many primarily lesbians bars are out there and are really nice, "0". Have you been to Chances or New Barn? How many lesbian parties are there, "0"?

Most of the nice places that are gay oriented; restaurants, clothing stores, clubs cater to the men, not women.

Long story short, for the gay men that have domestic priorities, they can use that disposable income that marketers want so bad and invest in their kids.

another example of how educational attainment and intelligence are not the same.

another example of how educational attainment and intelligence are not the same.

In your case, another example of how educational attainment and civility are not the same. You find it necessary to question someones intelligence because you don't agree with them?

Midtown said " I just wanted to understand how two gay men (or two gay women) can have children.

Who does who in the what now?

Are all of musicman's gay friends with kids ex-breeders? "

some of the ones I know ARE "ex-breeders" according to how the word is used in the gay community. But i also know some that had children as gay people. that is why when i hear gays use the word breeders as a derogatory comment, i think they are juvenile because gays have children too.

I have one child... my boyfriend... and he's 35. ha ha ha j/k But seriously... a gay friend of ours recently adopted baby triplets... I couldn't even imagine!!

In your case, another example of how educational attainment and civility are not the same. You find it necessary to question someones intelligence because you don't agree with them?

not agreeing with someone is one thing...there are a lot of people i don't agree with. But to make statements that say men are better than a women, etc is really living in the stone age.

i'd love to be there when he says that to a lesbian. he might not be standing for long.

It was initially about coming out ....

Nope, this was a spin off thread, this is the original topic for it. The coming out thread is still here, just separate.

But to make statements that say a men are better than a women, etc is really living in the stone age.

Love is equal among genders, so that should be a none issue.

But it is a known fact that most men make a better incomes than women, statistics aside, it is the truth.

Better income means they can better provide for the kids to nurture them.

So in the case of gay men, you have bigger spending power than lesbians.

(2) woman have a far wider gap than (2) men.

I am not saying women are dumb or uneducated and can't get good jobs, it is just the higher paying jobs go to men.

Love is equal among genders, so that should be a none issue.

But it is a known fact that most men make a better incomes than women, statistics aside, it is the truth.

Better income means they can better provide for the kids to nurture them.

So in the case of gay men, you have bigger spending power than lesbians.

(2) woman have a far wider gap than (2) men.

I am not saying women are dumb or uneducated and can't get good jobs, it is just the higher paying jobs go to men.

i forwarded your previous response to a lesbian i know....her response was "i can't believe this is a gay man. someone who makes comments like this would be a horrible parent"

i forwarded your previous response to a lesbian i know....her response was "i can't believe this is a gay man. someone who makes comments like this would be a horrible parent"

Well, it is nothing against her being a lebsian.

This is more so about being a woman, and (2) women who love each other are lesbians.

You can't deny the fact that women make less money than men do; and I clearly stated that love between genders is equal, so I am not a horrible person, and she is naive for not catching that. She is just getting all activists on you.

Just "Google" it, something as simple as searching for the richest people in the world, most are men.

Women are at a disadvantage finacially, so lesbian couples are poorer than both straight couples and gay couples.

Why all the fuss, it is the truth.

Not to get sidetracked,

But why is it that most of the time, the term Gold Diggers refer to women and not men. . . .?

Because men make more money than women.

Find me statistic sthat prove me wrong and I will back off.

Men make more money, Gay men can better provide for kids.

if your sole criteria for being a good parent is making more money, then i could agree with you. i think most parents would agree that isn't the only criteria for being a good parent.

Well, it is nothing against her being a lebsian.

This is more so about being a woman, and (2) women who love each other are lesbians.

You can't deny the fact that women make less money than men do; and I clearly stated that love between genders is equal, so I am not a horrible person, and she is naive for not catching that. She is just getting all activists on you.

Just "Google" it, something as simple as searching for the richest people in the world, most are men.

Women are at a disadvantage finacially, so lesbian couples are poorer than both straight couples and gay couples.

Why all the fuss, it is the truth.

Not to get sidetracked,

But why is it that most of the time, the term Gold Diggers refer to women and not men. . . .?

Because men make more money than women.

Find me statistic sthat prove me wrong and I will back off.

A sexist Homo? now I've seen everything! And since when did having money automatically make you a better parent? And its not like all Lesbians & woman are dirt poor, so how exactly does having money mean you can "provide more"? Unless gay couples & straight couples spoil their children more then Lesbian Couples... which I don't believe. How about you provide statistics showing thats your right?

Archived