Pat And Pete's Blues Burger

Wondering if anyone has been to Pat and Pete's Blues Burgers.. not there.. was in the Market Square area.. a door or two down from Warren's.. not bad burgers.. a girlfriend of mine used to work there.. I liked it that they had this little courtyard area. Somehow I managed to get a buy 1 get 1 free coupon or something like that foir Pat and Pete's. We came on a Sunday and ate in the little courtyard area. It was nice. Owners Pat and Pete Selin (Pete died fairly recently..), owners of Chelsea's 804 (pretty sure), Club Hey Hey and Bonton Room.. wasn't this, like, their last venture in Houston?

Wondering if anyone has been to Pat and Pete's Blues Burgers.. not there.. was in the Market Square area.. a door or two down from Warren's.. not bad burgers.. a girlfriend of mine used to work there..
that's been closed i don't know how long now. The owner of TK bitterman's has market square bar and grill there now and the burgers are good!

Yes, it was their last venture together, as they divorced shortly thereafter (or maybe even during Blues Burgers existence). I knew them both well, from their Washington Ave. bars. If memory serves, Pete was at Chelsea 804 prior to that.

After Blues Burgers, Pete went to DFW to work for The Ginger Man, then to the Flying Saucer, and the last time I saw him before he died, he was working (albeit on sick leave with leukemia in remission) at Lone Star Park in Grand Prarie.

• 6 months later...
Wondering if anyone has been to Pat and Pete's Blues Burgers.. not there.. was in the Market Square area.. a door or two down from Warren's.. not bad burgers.. a girlfriend of mine used to work there.. I liked it that they had this little courtyard area. Somehow I managed to get a buy 1 get 1 free coupon or something like that foir Pat and Pete's. We came on a Sunday and ate in the little courtyard area. It was nice. Owners Pat and Pete Selin (Pete died fairly recently..), owners of Chelsea's 804 (pretty sure), Club Hey Hey and Bonton Room.. wasn't this, like, their last venture in Houston?

Was it a place that made those big, gourmet hamburgers like Fuddrucker's? I love to pig out on those kind of burgers. Why was it called "Blues" Burgers? Did it play blues music? Or did they put blue cheese salad dressing on the burgers? I tried a Blue Cheese burger once. It tasted terrible! I scraped off the blue cheese dressing with a knife, and I could still taste it!

Or did they put blue cheese salad dressing on the burgers? I tried a Blue Cheese burger once. It tasted terrible! I scraped off the blue cheese dressing with a knife, and I could still taste it!

Real blue cheese burgers don't have salad dressing on them. They have crumbled blue cheese.

Real blue cheese burgers don't have salad dressing on them. They have crumbled blue cheese.

I was working at CSAW in the early to mid 90s and we would come down there often to eat.

Burgers, pool and Dixie beer out on the courtyard in the back. Nice combination.

Sorry to hear about the owner.

I don't recall live Blues music, but they had a pretty good juke box and a lot of local rock and roll paraphernalia of the wall from the Club Hey Hey, Bon Ton days. Great burgers! Way better then Fuddruckers. I recall the one with mushrooms was called the "Jimmy Hendrix".

I don't recall live Blues music, but they had a pretty good juke box and a lot of local rock and roll paraphernalia of the wall from the Club Hey Hey, Bon Ton days. Great burgers! Way better then Fuddruckers. I recall the one with mushrooms was called the "Jimmy Hendrix".

A girlfriend of mine used to work there.

• The title was changed to Pat And Pete's Blues Burger

Archived