Lorenzos Grocery Store

EastEnd Susan

Was there a drive-in grocery store on Telephone kinda close to Dumble called Lorenzos? I seem to remember back in the early 70's my grandmother driving all the way from Avenue L to a place called Lorenzos for deli meat. Is it still there? Is it owned by the same people? Did I imagine this?

Was there a drive-in grocery store on Telephone kinda close to Dumble called Lorenzos? I seem to remember back in the early 70's my grandmother driving all the way from Avenue L to a place called Lorenzos for deli meat. Is it still there? Is it owned by the same people? Did I imagine this?

Your not imagining Susan. The building is still there but has exchanged owners many times. That is prime real estate and should be bulldozed. It is in such a perfect spot for passing motorists as are much of the businesses in the area. Again, this area has so much potential and still retains that 60's-70's look after all these years. People are really missing out on opportunity. Only knocks once!

Now I have a feeling this topic will be tossed into East End section any minute now! :lol: Enjoy while you can!

Your not imagining Susan. The building is still there but has exchanged owners many times. That is prime real estate and should be bulldozed. It is in such a perfect spot for passing motorists as are much of the businesses in the area. Again, this area has so much potential and still retains that 60's-70's look after all these years. People are really missing out on opportunity. Only knocks once!

Now I have a feeling this topic will be tossed into East End section any minute now! :lol: Enjoy while you can!

Thats fine. Nothing wrong with being tossed to the eastend. I almost put it there myself but it felt kinda historic to me. But then again lots of things are beginning to feel historic to me. Just 15 more years and I get my senior discount at Saltgrass!.. By the way... was it called Lorenzos or was it Lonzos?

Thats fine. Nothing wrong with being tossed to the eastend. I almost put it there myself but it felt kinda historic to me. But then again lots of things are beginning to feel historic to me. Just 15 more years and I get my senior discount at Saltgrass!.. By the way... was it called Lorenzos or was it Lonzos?

Lonzo's, most businesses in the area were Italian & German owned.

PS,

The other topic mistakenly called the bar down the street as Loreno's but it was really named

Lorino's Local Charm. :P

Lonzo's, most businesses in the area were Italian & German owned.

PS,

The other topic mistakenly called the bar down the street as Loreno's but it was really named

Lorino's Local Charm. :P

Thanks for the info. and I can actually hear the little Japanese women asking for Mothras egg back. I crack up every time I see your avatars and related sayings. Thanks for the laughs :lol:

• The title was changed to Lorenzos Grocery Store

Archived