NFL Draft

dgreco

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TRADE patriots trade picks with 49ers:: patriots give up 1st round pick || 49ers give up 4th round pick in 2007, and 1st round pick in 2008

28. The 49ers choose Joe Staley OT/Central Michigan

29. The Ravens choose Ben Grubbs G/Auburn

32. The Colts choose Anthony Gonzalez WR/Ohio State

FIRST ROUND SELECTIONS

1. The Raiders choose JaMarcus Russell QB/LSU

2. The Lions choose Calvin Johnson WR/Ga. Tech

3. The Browns choose Joe Thomas OT/Wisconsin

4. The Buc's choose Gaines Adams DE/Clemson

5. The Cardinals choose Levi Brown OT/Penn St

6. The Redskins choose LaRon Landry DS/LSU

7. The Vikings choose Adrian Peterson RB/Oklahoma

8. The Falcons choose Jamaal Anderson DE/Arkansas

9. The Dolphins choose Ted Ginn, Jr. WR/Ohio State

10. The Texans choose Amobi Okoye DT/Louisville

11. The 49ers choose Patrick Willis LB/Ole Miss

12. The Bills choose Marshawn Lynch RB/California-Berkley

13. The Rams choose Adam Carriker DE/Nebraska

14. The Jets choose Darrelle Revis CB/Pittsburgh

15. The Steelers choose Lawrence Timmons LB/Florida St.

16. The Packers choose Justin Harrell DT/Tennessee

17. The Broncos choose Jarvis Moss DE/Florida

18. The Bengals choose Leon Hall CB/Michigan

19. The Titans choose Mike Griffin DS/Texas

20. The Giants choose Aaron Ross CB/Texas

21. The Jaguars choose Reggie Nelson DS/Florida

22. The Browns choose Brady Quinn QB/Notre Dame

23. The Chiefs choose Dwayne Bowe WR/LSU

24. The Patriots choose Brandon Meriweather DS/Miami

25. The Panthers choose Jon Beason LB/Miami

26. The Cowboys choose Anthony Spencer DE/Purdue

27. The Saints choose Robert Meachem WR/Tennessee

28. The 49ers choose Joe Staley OT/Central Michigan

29. The Ravens choose Ben Grubbs G/Auburn

30. The Chargers choose Craig Davis WR/LSU

31. The Bears choose Greg Olsen TE/Miami

32. The Colts choose Anthony Gonzalez WR/Ohio State

Winners: Jaguars, Panthers, and Browns

Losers: Dolphins and Packers

^I agree somewhat, but the money they are putting into the DLine they are going to be good. Reminds me of the way the patriots built theres with Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Green and even Colvin. Texans are looking to form that, CB and WR's are always better to get in free agency than in the draft.

If the Texans go 4-12 or worse this upcoming season, i think Kubiak and Rick Smith should both be fired. They better hope Okoye works out.

Agreed, but I think they are building the team right, they just need to work on the line, I feel like i keep repeating myself, but they seem not to be doing anything.

If the Texans go 4-12 or worse this upcoming season, i think Kubiak and Rick Smith should both be fired. They better hope Okoye works out.

I wouldn't say they will go 4-12. I think they will do better then that, let's hope so. But, I predict 7-9, or 8-8.

Like I said before, if they don't reach 8-8 (for the first time in franchise history) or better this season. Look for alot, I mean ALOT of angry fans.

Some of the sport critics already predicting the first four games are loses (Cheifs, Falcons, Colts and Panthers). Can the Texans prove them wrong?

That statement assumes we did horribly in free agency and the draft. Of course, we won't know until at least training camp and then when the season is here, but all signs point to the fact Rick Smith has done a good job getting good players here.

So why is your glass half empty already?

I think as a whole, our team should be solid. Unfortunately, the big question is Schaub since he hasn't started a full season yet.

Agreed, but I think they are building the team right, they just need to work on the line, I feel like i keep repeating myself, but they seem not to be doing anything.

Why do you say they haven't done anything? Just because we didn't spend a first round pick on an O lineman doesn't mean they haven't addressed it. They have.

Kubiak is known for his O-line and running back success, regardless of who's playing for him. Don't jump the gun to quickly, I truly believe his track record proves it.

You have to consider that defense wins championships in EVERY sport, not offense. Kubiak decided on Williams to build his defense, which I still believe was a good choice. However the problem with some here is that they seem to not understand the way these things work. In other words while everybody was cryng "Williams sucks", they didn't consider that he had no one to help neutralize his side of the line, thus he was double teamed much of the time.

By continuing to work on the strength of the D-line, the Texans are doing exactly what they should be doing. Forming a team around there number 1 pick. Whether you agree with the draft of Williams or not, Kubiak made the logical move by drafting Okoye.

Kubiak is known for his O-line and running back success, regardless of who's playing for him. Don't jump the gun to quickly, I truly believe his track record proves it.

You have to consider that defense wins championships in EVERY sport, not offense. Kubiak decided on Williams to build his defense, which I still believe was a good choice. However the problem with some here is that they seem to not understand the way these things work. In other words while everybody was cryng "Williams sucks", they didn't consider that he had no one to help neutralize his side of the line, thus he was double teamed much of the time.

By continuing to work on the strength of the D-line, the Texans are doing exactly what they should be doing. Forming a team around there number 1 pick. Whether you agree with the draft of Williams or not, Kubiak made the logical move by drafting Okoye.

Gary, alot of the analyst are saying that Houston did exactly what was expected. We essentially got Schaub as part of the draft also. Some people aren't putting THAT into the equation. Overall we had a decent draft, everyone is still traumatized by last years happenings and can't seem to move on from it. I say a possible playoff berth this year, at the very least, we go 10-6.

I say a possible playoff berth this year, at the very least, we go 10-6.

With so much parody in the NFL today I guess anything is possible, but I would like for you to show me at least 10 wins.

Week 1 Kansas City

Week 2 Carolina

Week 3 Indy

Week 4 Atlanta

Week 5 Miami

Week 6 Jacksonville

Week 7 Tennessee

Week 8 San Diego

Week 9 Oakland

Week 10 New Orleans

Week 11 Cleveland

Week 12 Tennessee

Week 13 Tampa

With so much parody in the NFL today I guess anything is possible, but I would like for you to show me at least 10 wins.

Not sure if your use of the word "parody" was intentional or not. I couldn't argue with either version. :P

As for your 10 wins, 10 of the Texans opponents had records of 8-8 or lower last year. You could start with the assumption that all of them are beatable. Additionally, 11 opponents did not make the playoffs last year. You could say that all 11 of them are beatable. Finally, the Super Bowl Champions' last loss was to the Texans. Using that as your guide, every team on the schedule is beatable, something you could not say even 2 years ago.

That being said, I am looking at 8-8, or 9-7 tops. To make the playoffs this year is a stretch. But, stranger things have happened. We certainly have a coach capable of getting them there, and with a little luck on the injury front, they could surprise some people.

Week 1 Kansas City

Week 2 Carolina

Week 3 Indy

Week 4 Atlanta

Week 5 Miami

Week 6 Jacksonville

Week 7 Tennessee

Week 8 San Diego

Week 9 Oakland

Week 10 New Orleans

Week 11 Cleveland

Week 12 Tennessee

Week 13 Tampa

Kansas City - W (reason why? The Texans plays hard during their opening season games).

Carolina - L

Indy - L

Atlanta - L

Miami - W

Jacksonville - W

Tennessee - W

San Diego - L

Oakland - W

New Orleans - L

Cleveland - W

Tennessee - L

Tampa - L

Then you have...

Broncos - L

Indy - L

Jacksonville - W

I see a 7-9 record!

Kansas City - W (reason why? The Texans plays hard during their opening season games).

Carolina - L

Indy - L

Atlanta - L

Miami - W

Jacksonville - W

Tennessee - W

San Diego - L

Oakland - W

New Orleans - L

Cleveland - W

Tennessee - L

Tampa - L