Duro-Last Roofing

I'm going to need to put a new roof on a commercial building with an arched roof by the end of May.

By chance, I found out about a kind of roofing material called Duro-Last that is basically a thin flexible sheet of PVC with lots of tiny fibers that run through it and keep it from tearing. They typically apply it flat roofs, but can do it on my arched roof, too. It is highly-reflective of sunlight and typically doesn't heat up nearly as much as conventional roofs. One of my primary operating costs is going to be air conditioning; I'm desperately trying to minimize that expense. I understand that it does a good job on that side, as it is EnergyStar approved.

Does anyone have any experience with Duro-Last? Any other kinds of roofing out there that fit my energy-saving criteria?

Does anyone have any experience with Duro-Last? Any other kinds of roofing out there that fit my energy-saving criteria?

This was my topic, and I actually spent the money on Duro-last roofing this past summer 2006.

Over $9,000 worth! :o

At the time I wrote it, I was steamed that it still leaked after they completed the job, but Brinkmann was very attentive and really made sure I was taken care of, even if it took them a few tries to get it done right.

I will mention some good things about Duro-Last, it has a great warranty, my energy bills are lower, and it is very durable.

If you do get it installed, Brinkmann will do it right in the end, even if they don't the first time. My roof was probably more of a pain to work with. Make sure they don't allow ponding on the roof AT ALL, even if they try to convince you it is okay like they did with me. I have minor ponding. In the long run, it may hurt you, but it is too late for me. I am living with it.

Its great...starfish roofing can tell ya all about it

Yep, those are the folks I'm dealing with. They've got a good pitch, but I appreciate hearing testimonials that haven't been cherrypicked for marketing purposes. If you've got experience with it or them, please spill your guts.

Thanks puma!

• 6 months later...

Archived