New Cityplace Towers

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually from the photo, it is three towers.

The third is in between the two skinnier towers outside.

How could you miss that?

MARQUIS-TOWERS-FLOORPLATE.jpg

Also, I'd almost say it is one tower since they are connected the way they are.

You are so right...........I must have been too excited to even look thru all of the stuff.But three is even Better....Thanks A million! :blush: (I'm human too guys)

not to be mean but i now realize why dallasboi posts so much here. i went to the website that he referenced and you get quotes like

"I just wanted to point out the parcel of land is quite large and will support a huge building. I beleive the buidling will be wide and thin and have glass elevators."

with respect to the floor plan "Now this is just a guess so don't get your nickers tied up in a knot. Was just trying to guess what the floor plate would be."

and finally "I drove by yesterday and have no doubt that these towers would fit on that parcel..."

with members (and discussions) like this, i'm sure they don't get many posts.

not to be mean but i now realize why dallasboi posts so much here. i went to the website that he referenced and you get quotes like

"I just wanted to point out the parcel of land is quite large and will support a huge building. I beleive the buidling will be wide and thin and have glass elevators."

with respect to the floor plan "Now this is just a guess so don't get your nickers tied up in a knot. Was just trying to guess what the floor plate would be."

and finally "I drove by yesterday and have no doubt that these towers would fit on that parcel..."

? :huh: ?........Please make me understand.

Well...If you are saying what I think you are saying then my response to your statement woul be.....This thread has been redone by a mod.If I had of posted this yesterday when the old thread was up then you would have more responses......this was restarted .....uhhh.....today :huh:

Is it just me, or does something seem just a little "fishy" about this one?

It's you. :mellow:

? :huh: ?........Please make me understand.

You boast and post hypothetical renderings of Dallas projects just to stir people up and start a debate between Dallas/Houston. While it may be an interesting project at least wait until it is officially announced before posting it on this forum... just my thoughts.

You boast and post hypothetical renderings of Dallas projects just to stir people up and start a debate between Dallas/Houston. While it may be an interesting project at least wait until it is officially announced before posting it on this forum... just my thoughts.

I really hate that you view it like that.I am simply excited about this project...It is related to Dallas and it is on the Dallas portion of the forum...All I said was Check this out....How is that stiring things up.Houstonians choose to down everything and turn it into a debate...I'm just excited and I don't think I did anything wrong...Mods if i am wrong on the way I started this thread then please, by all means correct me. :huh:

I really hate that you view it like that.I am simply excited about this project...It is related to Dallas and it is on the Dallas portion of the forum...All I said was Check this out....How is that stiring things up.Houstonians choose to down everything and turn it into a debate...I'm just excited and I don't think I did anything wrong...Mods if i am wrong on the way I started this thread then please, by all means correct me. :huh:

I am not a mod, but I feel this post is perfectly acceptable, just some people . . . well nevermind. :rolleyes:

Anyways, don't worry, this post is within the guidelines and should remain as is. ^_^

In spite of the location, even I like this tower. It's beautiful. But don't count your floors before they hatch. It sure seems like a lot has to happen before they build it. The 'source' wrote that there is a hospital and some ugly offices on the site today. A lot may or may not happen in a year and a half. Where did that rendering originate from?

We all know why you run to Haif with this stuff, Dallasboi. Don't kid yourself. There's only 2 posts today on the link you provided. There is already 11+ here, at least 5 of them are yours. Don't misunderstand, the rendering is nice, and someone SHOULD post it on Haif. But it must be more fun to try to get the poo flying here than to be excited there.

Dallasboi is right on this one point, he only said 'check this out'. That shouldn't cause a debate, but it will, and he knows it will. That's the only reason he posted it here. But in this case the debate will be about 'if' they build it, not the tower's coolness factor.

BTW it looks like one tower to me too. I'll do everyone a favor a save all further comments on this one until Fall 2008.:)

edit: unless it turns out to be a hoax.

but a fake rendering is really all that is up for discussion, which doesn't mean anything at this point. if more information was available then more can be said than "yeah i looks like it will fit on the lot". waiting for something official is probably prudent.

In spite of the location, even I like this tower. It's beautiful. But don't count your floors before they hatch. It sure seems like a lot has to happen before they build it. The 'source' wrote that there is a hospital and some ugly offices on the site today. A lot may or may not happen in a year and a half. Where did that rendering originate from?

We all know why you run to Haif with this stuff, Dallasboi. Don't kid yourself. There's only 2 posts today on the link you provided. There is already 11+ here, at least 5 of them are yours. Don't misunderstand, the rendering is nice, and someone SHOULD post it on Haif. But it must be more fun to try to get the poo flying here than to be excited there.

Dallasboi is right on this one point, he only said 'check this out'. That shouldn't cause a debate, but it will, and he knows it will. That's the only reason he posted it here. But in this case the debate will be about 'if' they build it, not the tower's coolness factor.

BTW it looks like one tower to me too. I'll do everyone a favor a save all further comments on this one until Fall 2008. :)

.............I can't win for losing!!!! :(

Don't worry about it, Dallasboi. It's hard to gauge intent sometimes just by reading some sentences on a computer. If you were merely posting this for the purpose of sharing some of your excitement about the project, then that's cool. S.L. Funk does a good job of that without coming across as a muckraker/pot stirrer.

Hey, Dallasboi,

I didn't think your post came across as a muckraker/potstirrer either. Your post was just fine.

My earlier post about something seeming fishy was regarding the initial post of this alleged project over on the DFW forum. The over-the-top (and self-aggrandizing language of the initial poster, combined with the questionable rendering for which there appears to be no source raises all sorts of red flags for me.

I like the rendering though. It would be a cool tower.

Hey, Dallasboi,

I didn't think your post came across as a muckraker/potstirrer either. Your post was just fine.

My earlier post about something seeming fishy was regarding the initial post of this alleged project over on the DFW forum. The over-the-top (and self-aggrandizing language of the initial poster, combined with the questionable rendering for which there appears to be no source raises all sorts of red flags for me.

I like the rendering though. It would be a cool tower.

................................... :o I am shockingly suprised to here this from You............I was bracing for your comment and......and.....it was simple and nice.......and....I'm not used to that from YOU of all posters but it was refreshing :rolleyes:

I was just commenting on observations I've seen on this and other forums. We all get excited about the new projects and everyone likes to see flashy renderings (I get carried away and post renderings of ski resorts in Dallas, after all). With no official announcement or any news story relating to the rendering there's just not much to back it up at this point.

I don't think you were wrong in posting it but maybe we should make an "I hope this rendering becomes a real project" in the Dallas section :).

I hope a real announcement comes out soon for this tower!

The over-the-top (and self-aggrandizing language of the initial poster, combined with the questionable rendering for which there appears to be no source raises all sorts of red flags for me.

Same thing grated on me, too. Who talks like that? How do I avoid them? Read like a 1920's newsreel.

Oh, that's rosewood. He (or she. I'm not sure it was ever determined.) went on a 6 day rampage on HAIF a year and a half ago. He/she was completely full of it, and made several posts that were outright fabrications. A dallasmetropolis mod came on HAIF and exposed him/her. Here is the thread where it happened.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...ic=3825&hl=

You will note that the fake post concerned new construction in Dallas, just like the subject of this thread. While the building is very attractive, it is unlikely that it is to be built in Dallas, given the originator of the thread.

Sorry to be the one to break it to you Dallasboi.

BTW, there was nothing wrong with your post...only the one who posted it on dallasmetropolis.

Wow. That thread was a trip. Rosewood is a basket case. :wacko: I've heard of wishful thinking and self delusion but that sister is off the chart.

I wonder what that tower is and where it's really going. It's a great building. Hey maybe it's coming to Houston. Ouch! That would be a kick in the bollocks, ay Dallasboi.

I guess Houston 19514 was smellin' tuna after all. Good call.

Yes, it's Fall '08

Wow. That thread was a trip. Rosewood is a basket case. :wacko: I've heard of wishful thinking and self delusion but that sister is off the chart.

I wonder what that tower is and where it's really going. It's a great building. Hey maybe it's coming to Houston. Ouch! That would be a kick in the bollocks, ay Dallasboi.

I guess Houston 19514 was smellin' tuna after all. Good call.

Yes, it's Fall '08

Spill it, man! Where's it going?

Well, if Dallasboi can post his fantasy towers online then I should be able to also. :D

I would love to see this tower (or something similar) on Allen Parkway, somewhere between Downtown and Montrose Blvd. That's such a green, beautiful area with awesome views of everywhere. It's just close enough to add to downtown and just far enough to stand out. In fact, I think it would be so cool if a line of towers like this connected the downtown skyline and the little Montrose/Allen Parkway skyline that already exist.

Yes, I can fantasize too. ^_^

Well, if Dallasboi can post his fantasy towers online then I should be able to also. :D

I would love to see this tower (or something similar) on Allen Parkway, somewhere between Downtown and Montrose Blvd. That's such a green, beautiful area with awesome views of everywhere. It's just close enough to add to downtown and just far enough to stand out. In fact, I think it would be so cool if a line of towers like these connected the downtown skyline and the little Montrose/Allen Parkway skyline that already exist.

post it on the dallasmetropolis forum then. They seem to crave it.

I would love to see this tower (or something similar) on Allen Parkway, somewhere between Downtown and Montrose Blvd. That's such a green, beautiful area with awesome views of everywhere. It's just close enough to add to downtown and just far enough to stand out. In fact, I think it would be so cool if a line of towers like this connected the downtown skyline and the little Montrose/Allen Parkway skyline that already exist.

Once again, I go back to the failure of the Orion Towers. A tad bit on the gaudy side but an overall nice design, given the proposed location.

But that's just it... lots of nice looking projects get proposed and never work out for whatever reason (incompetence, economic shifts, etc). I just hope that the tower proposed at Studewood works out because it would be cool to see a new tower rise north of the Bayou to parallel the ones already on the south banks.

post it on the dallasmetropolis forum then. They seem to crave it.

No thanx. I try to stay out of bad neighborhoods. One word from me on that forum and everyone would be foaming at the mouth. I might point out that someone in Dallas let their grass grow too high and then they all would probably track me down and hang me from the nearest neon tower. :D

Once again, I go back to the failure of the Orion Towers. A tad bit on the gaudy side but an overall nice design, given the proposed location.

But that's just it... lots of nice looking projects get proposed and never work out for whatever reason (incompetence, economic shifts, etc). I just hope that the tower proposed at Studewood works out because it would be cool to see a new tower rise north of the Bayou to parallel the ones already on the south banks.

The Legacy Tower is pretty much a done deal. The Legacy Corp. bought the plans and site from Fairfield Residential. Funding is already lined up. Ground will break in late summer/early fall. The tower will never lose her views towards downtown because of the old cememtary that lies just to the East of the property.

Now, what I want to see is a water taxi service!

Connect downtown via the Bayou to the Legacy, all the new apartments overlooking Memorial Drive in Memorial Heights, the Royalton, the Reata, the American General Center, the planned Regent Square Development. The Allen Parkway/Memorial Corridor is filling in quite nicely. It would be fun to commute by boat to Allen's Landing where you could then hop on the light rail. :)

The Legacy Tower is pretty much a done deal. The Legacy Corp. bought the plans and site from Fairfield Residential. Funding is already lined up. Ground will break in late summer/early fall. The tower will never lose her views towards downtown because of the old cememtary that lies just to the East of the property.

Now, what I want to see is a water taxi service!

Connect downtown via the Bayou to the Legacy, all the new apartments overlooking Memorial Drive in Memorial Heights, the Royalton, the Reata, the American General Center, the planned Regent Square Development. The Allen Parkway/Memorial Corridor is filling in quite nicely. It would be fun to commute by boat to Allen's Landing where you could then hop on the light rail. :)

I thought this was the Dallas section........ :blink:

Archived