One-child policy

Vertigo58

I made an attempt to add with a recent topic on abortion, but wow! you should see how China views this subject. Quite blunt and ruthless it seems. Heard it on KUHF early this morn and they played the actual women being interviewed. I was trying to find more archives or transcripts but here is an interview.

Its no wonder some commit suicide or go mad after such a terrifying ordeal. They actually kill the child at 9 months!? :blink:

The real irony is we are honoring China at this weeks International Festival?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9766870

This is nothing new really. I remember discussing this topic while on debate team in high school when China's human rights violations were the topic that year.

I will say that while I think China is handling it in a rather brutal and senseless manner, they do need some sort of population control measures in place.

To be honest, I think that there is something wrong with the people there. They seem to get JOY from having BRUTAL policies.

Just like I believe there is something wrong with many Africans for the same reason. Even some Eastern Europeans.

China's has the one-child rule since at least the 70's, probably earlier. The problem is that local government is so corrupt in so much of the country that getting around it is cheap and easy.

I just couldn't believe how graphic this got. The woman was about 24-26 years of age so it wasnt as if she was a preg/ unwed teenager. About 5-6 cops come in the middle of the night bang on the door and demand you go with them even dragging you kicking then take them to a hospital with about 42-60 other women even sitting on the floor waiting to go in the operating room. Once inside they beg and plead for mercy then get injected in the lower abdomen within minutes the baby is dead. When they remove it the baby appears black due from separation of fetus and placenta and of course just plain stillborn. They just toss it into the garbage can with the others piled up. I bet it get worse after that. They probably force them to tie thier tubes permanently. Makes you appreciate the US. sort of. :mellow:

Most Chinese families can't raise multiple kids anyways.

I heard they kill girls by inducing early labor since they prefer boys, because they want their boys to have good jobs and take care of them when they are too old to work themselves; or sell their girls as prostitutes/marry them off at a really early age to dirty old men.

Sounds like a shadey culture to me.

Less of them means, less of that, and cheap labor which is killing the US market right now.

Also, less demand on energy which equals oil in most cases.

I heard they kill girls by inducing early labor since they prefer boys, because they want their boys to have good jobs and take care of them when they are too old to work themselves; or sell their girls as prostitutes/marry them off at a really early age to dirty old men.

Less of them means, less of that, and cheap labor which is killing the US market right now.

It's like that in parts of India, too. There was a documentary on BBC Radio not too long ago about how violence against women is on the rise because there are so few of them compared to the men.

Infanticide is nothing new and has been practiced in China and many other places for thousands of years. I mean, we can start rolling off the top of our tongues the things people do to their offspring all over the world, throughout history: female infanticide, female genital mutilation, foot binding, head binding, neck extension, scarification, circumcision ( :) ), human sacrifice, institutionalized slavery and prostitution, etc, etc, etc.

The world is indeed a horrible place. It's one of the reasons we've decided to not have children, ever.

female infanticide, female genital mutilation, foot binding, head binding, neck extension, scarification, circumcision ( :) ), human sacrifice, institutionalized slavery and prostitution, etc, etc, etc.

This sounds like what goes on in the red light district of Lower Westheimer & Telephone Road! :lol:

Sooooooooo, you're saying it's a good thing because it'll help our labor pool and reduce worldwide energy demand?

:wacko:

Sooooooooo, you're saying it's a good thing because it'll help our labor pool and reduce worldwide energy demand?

:wacko:

Absolutely, and don't get me started on what I saw on American Idol last night with the Idol Gives Back in Africa.

If you can't raise kids, don't have them.

All these kids that parents can't provide for, it is just not fair to them.

Don't have them if you are not able to support them.

Archived