Under Pierce Elevated

What is PIP and what did the captain say?

Positive Interaction Program (PIP) is an HPD program where police who patrol your area meet with the various neighborhoods monthly to hear your concerns and hopefully respond to any questions you have.

basically people were complaining about numerous things among which was homeless and loitering. His response was "i know you won't like to hear this but with the increase in robberies in the area that is what we have been concentrating on. We feel this is more important for public safety" in general there were more serious problems to worry about than homeless and loitering. he said they do arrest them occasionally but they will be right back out the next day.

..."i know you won't like to hear this but with the increase in robberies in the area that is what we have been concentrating on. We feel this is more important for public safety" in general there were more serious problems to worry about than homeless and loitering. he said they do arrest them occasionally but they will be right back out the next day.

And did anyone suggest that there probably is a direct correlation between the increase in vagrants (homeless) and the increase in robberies??

yeah as weird as it sounds, i think the fences have made the problem worse. now instead of being in the parking lots, a bunch are on the sidewalks. and for some reason the numbers look like they are increasing. i know its been raining a lot, but it is gross over there. i'm guessing at night its around 100 people in that little area.

And did anyone suggest that there probably is a direct correlation between the increase in vagrants (homeless) and the increase in robberies??

i don't believe they were interested....basically his point was that what problem do you consider worse....loud music, homeless, stopping garage sales........or murders/robberies/burglaries. he grouped all the minor crimes and pitted them against the major ones.