Southeast Asia pictures

I took about 2,000 pictures on my last trip to Southeast Asia. I've been slowly going through them, and thought I'd share a few here.

7-Eleven-002a.jpg

A 7-Eleven in Singapore. Many convenience stores are outdoors, or in tents like this one.

Abandonedjunglevillage-002a.jpg

Abandonedjunglevillage-004a.jpg

Abandonedjunglevillage-006a.jpg

An abandoned village in the jungle.

ArabStreet-002a.jpg

Ummm... Arab Street.

I took about 2,000 pictures on my last trip to Southeast Asia. I've been slowly going through them, and thought I'd share a few here.

7-Eleven-002a.jpg

A 7-Eleven in Singapore. Many convenience stores are outdoors, or in tents like this one.

Abandonedjunglevillage-002a.jpg

Abandonedjunglevillage-004a.jpg

Abandonedjunglevillage-006a.jpg

An abandoned village in the jungle.

ArabStreet-002a.jpg

Ummm... Arab Street.

Great pics. Especially loved the 7 Eleven.

You take a helicopter ride to be able to take those abandoned village pics ?

Cable car. I've noticed them popping up all over the region as the remote villages demand transportation and the governments are looking for anywhere to put people.

I once took a two-hour minibus ride across an island near Hong Kong on the narrowest "roads" I've ever seen. Often we'd have to pull off onto the cliff's edge in order to let another bus by going the other way. Of the 30 people packed in the bus, about eight barfed because of the twists, cliffs, and changes in altitude. Now it's all connected by a smooth 30-minute cable car ride (when it works).

Archived