Pearland At 100,000

Trae

Baytown... no. Baytown's growth has been fairly stagnant over the last 20 years. It's probably no better than 70,000 now, although I know nothing of any recent annexations that might have added to the overall population.

Baytown tends to annex incrementally and in small amounts, for instance to make a tax credit apartment project legally permissible. But they have been growing in recent years, as single-family projects have been developed. ...not like Pearland, though.

• 1 month later...

The Woodlands and Sugar Land are approaching or are at 90,000. I don't know about the others. I know The Woodlands master plan calls for 152,000 people. However, I think it will be far more. Same with Sugar Land.

• 2 months later...

So, by the 2010 Census, Pearland should be above 100,000? I like how Houston's suburbs are starting to get bigger. Doesn't make the city feel so alone anymore. I saw a map onetime, and only half of League City is development. The other half is treeless prairie. League City is already at 68,000.

Pearland 34th on Forbes Magazine Growth List

Last Edited: Friday, 10 Aug 2007, 5:13 PM CDT

Created: Friday, 10 Aug 2007, 5:13 PM CDT

Pearland is the 34th fastest growing suburb in the United States according to an article in Forbes magazine.

The Houston suburb also is 10th in Texas and first in the greater Houston area.

Pearland

Do you think areas like Cinco Ranch and unincorporated North Katy could be released by Houston to let the City of Katy annex it? Houston did it once with Katy Mills, so maybe they could do it again. A new city of 200,000 would spring up right there.

Amazing growth in Pearland though. The reason it is 1st in the Houston area is because all other growing areas are not incorporated like Pearland (luckily) is.

• 10 months later...

Once Sugar Land does its annexation, it will become number two. Then when The Woodlands becomes a city, it will take the third spot I'm thinking. Or Pearland takes that spot.

But damn, if the areas that use "Katy, Texas" as an address was a city, that's 250,000 right there.

• The title was changed to Pearland At 100,000

Archived