Dallas Lights Up another one

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sans the fun.

Yeah i know. I was just talking about the way it lights up at night.

I don't mean to bring Houston in to the mix but i wish our city would light up better than it does. The only real thing i see is high mass lighting off the freeways and ugly christmas lights around the buildings. How duller can we be?

so are you saying that Dallas has no identity?

Yes. That's exactly what Trae is saying. As usual, you are clairvoiyant beyond belief. Oh wait! What he said was "On the real, no its not. It is more like Atlanta." He made a comparison! I guess you aren't as clairvoiyant as you appear...no big surprise there.

B)

Yes. That's exactly what Trae is saying. As usual, you are clairvoiyant beyond belief. Oh wait! What he said was "On the real, no its not. It is more like Atlanta." He made a comparison! I guess you aren't as clairvoiyant as you appear...no big surprise there.

B)

thank you ms cleo

There is no question about Dallas character. Dallas has no character.

Poor misguided Dallasonians. Decoration does not equal class. This is just more cheap glitz to help to hide more sorry architecture. Nothing screams "tacky" more than covering something in glitter or in this case, ornamental lighting.

This building will definately add to the wonderful night time "junk yard" theme that Dallas has going on. What will they think up next, chaser lights on the opry house? I don't believe that Dallas is trying to copy Vegas, I think it's trying to copy traveling carnival rides. That's "classy" Dallas for you.

There is no question about Dallas character. Dallas has no character.

Poor misguided Dallasonians. Decoration does not equal class. This is just more cheap glitz to help to hide more sorry architecture. Nothing screams "tacky" more than covering something in glitter or in this case, ornamental lighting.

This building will definately add to the wonderful night time "junk yard" theme that Dallas has going on. What will they think up next, chaser lights on the opry house? I don't believe that Dallas is trying to copy Vegas, I think it's trying to copy traveling carnival rides. That's "classy" Dallas for you.

I lack your apparent knowledge of junkyards, particularly junkyards at night, but I still like the way Big D is illuminated. I guess the term "bright lights, big city" is taken more literally by some cities than it is with others. The way I see it, for the relatively low cost of lighting, you get two skylines (day and night) for the price of one.

I also appreciate the lighting of Atlanta - very well done in the way that it highlights the spires and architectural elements; possibly the best in the US. Houston's skyline is, size-wise, without comparison in the south, but its nighttime illumination is so minimal that it disappears at night.

As for the Hunt Tower, it would be nicer if it was about 600' taller.

Wow, it takes Haif just 8 posts to go from talking about a lighting scheme on a new building to questioning the character of Dallas.

Stay classy, Houston.

Don't worry. I hate to say it, but if it was in Houston, it would be on our resume QUICK.

Nice looking tower.

Yeah, I like the design of the Hunt Building. I don't care about the lighting and all of that (not for or against) but I like the basic design of the building.

And how is Dallas being compared more with Atlanta than Las Vegas a slight? As far as skykline lighting goes, I'd call it a compliment. Vegas lighting seems pretty tacky to me.

I like Dallas alot but quite frankly, Dallas is mainly a lightshow at night. I love the way it lights up at night but the character of the city definitely lacks. It's mainly because i don't think Dallas really knows what it wants to be. There's areas that look like New York, Oklahoma, and will soon resemble Colorado (with the wanna- be ski slope addition). If you want character, drive to Fort Worth for some ol' western texas charm.

I hate to say it but Dallas mainly feels like a movie set. It has all the infrastructure such as: Subway, Train Stations, Video Screens, and all the flashy stuff but something is missing. The subway is never crowded with loads of people like you find in traditional subways. I don't see the ambience or authenticity that you find in the traditional cities. Dallas has alot of nice areas but the city is becoming too plastic.

Dallas folks, don't take offense. I love your city but that is my opinion.

I like Dallas alot but quite frankly, Dallas is mainly a lightshow at night. I love the way it lights up at night but the character of the city definitely lacks. It's mainly because i don't think Dallas really knows what it wants to be. There's areas that look like New York, Oklahoma, and will soon resemble Colorado (with the wanna- be ski slope addition). If you want character, drive to Fort Worth for some ol' western texas charm.

I hate to say it but Dallas mainly feels like a movie set. It has all the infrastructure such as: Subway, Train Stations, Video Screens, and all the flashy stuff but something is missing. The subway is never crowded with loads of people like you find in traditional subways. I don't see the ambience or authenticity that you find in the traditional cities. Dallas has alot of nice areas but the city is becoming too plastic.

Dallas folks, don't take offense. I love your city but that is my opinion.

And maybe you'd have to live here in order to feel any differently.

It's the truth. Cry about it somewhere else.

Why would we dallasites cry about this?.....This is GREAT!!!!!!!! and I can honestly say that all of the new buildings that come online in Dallas from here on out will have "BAD ASS" lighting schemes.....this is only the begining.Asure will turn heads all the way from north 35E and Northwesthighway.I can't wait!!!!!! > :)

I like the design of the building. I think the lighting scheme(s) at night will serve to make this building a distinguishable part of the Arts District Skyline, and one that visitors/tourists will comment on and remember.

Why would we dallasites cry about this?.....This is GREAT!!!!!!!! and I can honestly say that all of the new buildings that come online in Dallas from here on out will have "BAD ASS" lighting schemes.....this is only the begining.Asure will turn heads all the way from north 35E and Northwesthighway.I can't wait!!!!!! > :)

B)B)B)B)

Then Scarface would turn into plastic too and have to flood the internet with Dallas accolades all day long every time a new light bulb was screwed in somewhere.

Get over it and admitt that its cool.....It's okay you won't melt or anything. :rolleyes:

Archived