Uptown Residential Cube Tower

WesternGulf

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God i would love to see that with different colored stainless steel panels on the side.

Muted metallic.. one color per cube...

Rubiks Tower Houston

usb-rubiks-cube-hub1.jpg

definitly one of the more unique buildings, it would be nice if it had LED's maybe each cube or the top one of something that changed colors. Or an assigned color per cube.

God i would love to see that with different colored stainless steel panels on the side.

Muted metallic.. one color per cube...

Rubiks Tower Houston

usb-rubiks-cube-hub1.jpg

rbktwr.jpg

No kidding! I love electrochemical SS due to it's long life. I remember years ago how everyone was hopped up on colored anodized aluminum and I always tried to talk them out of it but to no avail. The colors [especially red] would fade out and ended up just looking cheap.

That tower would look so fine in muted tints of SS. I can just see it on a sunny day!

That looks kind of like the New Museum being built in NYC in the Bowery. I would love for this to get built, although I kind of wish it would be downtown instead of on Westheimer. Could you imagine this building and that City Centre building being constructed downtown near one another. That would be kind of awesome. I can always dream can't I. :)

post-173-1176851052.jpg

Although they have their obvious differences, the first thing that came to my mind was Calatrava's 80 South Street proposal for Lower Manhattan. I could only picture this building in between Kirby and Shepherd. It would be nice if it was 2727 Kirby's neighbor.

I absolutely love the design of the tower, but I think it might clash with the scale of the neighborhood. It is supposed to go on the block with Dolce Vita and Indika, right next to the corner. Some great houses would have to also be destroyed on Avondale to make way for the parking garage.

The old houses could be moved instead of demolished.

I agree that the homes should be OFFERED up to the public to be moved. This would not only be an excellent way to preserve these lovely old homes, but they could be used to replace some of the homes that have no longer repairable. I THINK there are some empty lots in Montrose.

it's also quite appropriate for the Montrose: It's not straight!

So is this project a major go?

Just rather excited about this particular project, but apprehensive of the traffic that's going to be on there (Hello! Metro! MONTROSE or WESTHEIMER LINE!) It will be a perfect addition to the area with it's eclectic collection of architecture of homes and buildings.

Although they have their obvious differences, the first thing that came to my mind was Calatrava's 80 South Street proposal for Lower Manhattan. I could only picture this building in between Kirby and Shepherd. It would be nice if it was 2727 Kirby's neighbor.

ditto

I agree that the homes should be OFFERED up to the public to be moved. This would not only be an excellent way to preserve these lovely old homes, but they could be used to replace some of the homes that have no longer repairable. I THINK there are some empty lots in Montrose.

it's also quite appropriate for the Montrose: It's not straight!

So is this project a major go?

Just rather excited about this particular project, but apprehensive of the traffic that's going to be on there (Hello! Metro! MONTROSE or WESTHEIMER LINE!) It will be a perfect addition to the area with it's eclectic collection of architecture of homes and buildings.

on the bianchi website, it appears to be only a proposal. maybe i missed something.

westheimeruo0.png

Looks like the condo tower in Dubia being built, except this one is cube shaped and likely does not rotate.

4bh2xyp.jpg

2e0mvti.jpg

3yxj780.jpg

That guy in Dubai, (I think he is the prince/leader) has some money. It is amazing all the stuff being built in Dubai.

This building if built would definetly stand out in Houstons Skyline.

That guy in Dubai, (I think he is the prince/leader) has some money. It is amazing all the stuff being built in Dubai.

This building if built would definetly stand out in Houstons Skyline.

The Dubai tower is too much. I think the Westheimer Tower proposal shows you can achieve a dynamic and interesting structure in a simple way without going completely overboard. The Dubai Tower is overthetop fru-fru in my opinion and something like that won't be realized in the US.

I'd rather see a series of 2-3 shifted cube towers of differing heights somewhere in the skyline like the Bianchi proposal than 1 Dubai/Jetsons/stacked rotating pebbles proposal here in Houston.

Archived