Chateaux Raveneaux: Cypresswood High-Rise

hbcu

at the corner of Cypresswood and Champions Forest there was a sign for several years that stated a luxury high rise would be built....I never recall seeing a backhoe ready to dig though...will it ever be built or it was wishful thinking?

I've noticed the sign also. The project looks interesting. It would definitely fit with the area, but I don't know if they will ever build the highrise. Does anyone know?

at the corner of Cypresswood and Champions Forest there was a sign for several years that stated a luxury high rise would be built....I never recall seeing a backhoe ready to dig though...will it ever be built or it was wishful thinking?

A Don Hand pipe dream. No way it will happen. Raveneaux, on the other hand, will begin redevelopment soon. They are starting with Woodland's waterway style townhomes that will line a portion of Cypresswood and will move towards a new clubhouse, etc... The club was purchased by an investment company and has terminated past management. The plan looks very nice... a 'Barton Creek' (i hope that's correct, that's what i hear) style area with a day spa, hotel, etc... I'm hoping that is the case. Of course the plan will deviate based on the success of the stages. Don Hand is fighting the Raveneaux development all the way. It will devestate his plans for Chateaux Raveneaux. On the other hand, I don't understand him. If you want to build a very high end, luxury high rise, why would you build cheap apartments on Cypresswood behind Lowes? That apartment complex will bring down the value of Prestonwood and in the long term affect the whole area. Pretty soon it will be like attempting to build a high end, luxury high rise in Greenspoint.

• 3 weeks later...
A Don Hand pipe dream. No way it will happen. Raveneaux, on the other hand, will begin redevelopment soon. They are starting with Woodland's waterway style townhomes that will line a portion of Cypresswood and will move towards a new clubhouse, etc... The club was purchased by an investment company and has terminated past management. The plan looks very nice... a 'Barton Creek' (i hope that's correct, that's what i hear) style area with a day spa, hotel, etc... I'm hoping that is the case. Of course the plan will deviate based on the success of the stages. Don Hand is fighting the Raveneaux development all the way. It will devestate his plans for Chateaux Raveneaux. On the other hand, I don't understand him. If you want to build a very high end, luxury high rise, why would you build cheap apartments on Cypresswood behind Lowes? That apartment complex will bring down the value of Prestonwood and in the long term affect the whole area. Pretty soon it will be like attempting to build a high end, luxury high rise in Greenspoint.

2 thumbs up.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

story from Houston Chronicle

"The majority of those who turned out to the Cypress Forest Public Utility District meeting to hear details of the "Kera Village" development plan a mixture of brownstone-style townhomes and mid-rise condominiums on 45 of Raveneaux's 288 acres, were seeking answers to rumors that have been circulating throughout the community since word got out that the original owner, Tony Kindred, had joined forces with Jordan's Dallas-based JP Partners over a year ago."

The sign has been removed. Wonder what happened.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Before you make a statement about something, be sure and know what you're talking about first. Those apartments behind Lowes are extremely nice and expensive. I would know, because I live there. What gave you the impression they were cheap?

• The title was changed to Chateaux Raveneaux: Cypresswood High-Rise

Archived