HAIF - Houston's original social media

Bank of America Center (Western Union Building) Renovations

3 hours ago, jermh said:

Pure speculation, (please delete or move if this is the wrong place) but I'm betting Bank of America Center becomes TC Energy Center. TC Energy is a major tenant who's lease doesn't expire until 2030, and 3 days ago the domain tcenergycenter.com was purchased.

Link to the whois search that shows when the domain was purchased.

There's also been a TC Energy logo projected on a wall in the lobby near the elevator bank since they had an event a few months ago.

TCEC.PNG

MVIMG_20190613_120426.jpg

My guess is your 100% Correct.

It looks like the owners of this building were quick to act when BoA made moves to leave. Well done. This is a great building and deserves to be held in the highest regard.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, jermh said:

Pure speculation, (please delete or move if this is the wrong place) but I'm betting Bank of America Center becomes TC Energy Center. TC Energy is a major tenant who's lease doesn't expire until 2030, and 3 days ago the domain tcenergycenter.com was purchased.

Link to the whois search that shows when the domain was purchased.

There's also been a TC Energy logo projected on a wall in the lobby near the elevator bank since they had an event a few months ago.

TCEC.PNG

MVIMG_20190613_120426.jpg

Great find!

• Like 2

TC Energy I have not heard of (I don't work in the industry) . . . TransCanada, however, I have.  Impressive!  It's certainly a signature trophy tower if you ask me, at least visually.  Only problem is it looks right only from a couple of directions!

Why not name it Keystone XL Tower?!  Well I'll take more foot traffic downtown, even if it's protesters 🤣🤣

Edited by mattyt36
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Dang, missed the kolaches.  And "TC Energy Center" sounds like a basketball arena somewhere or another. 

they just need to get off my lawn... grumble... :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 2 months later...
  • Highrise Tower changed the title to Bank of America Center (Western Union Building) Renovations
  • 4 months later...

Phase II of the lobby renovation is kicking off construction 8/31. Exterior windows punched similar to what was done for the restaurant space on the Capitol St side of the building. Additional conferencing, a coffee bar, and two floors of office space added in the former bank lobby. 

Edited by jermh
  • Like 6
  • 1 month later...