• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. I had to get it off my chest! :D

1. Reality show "anything" - totally worn out word & format

2. Diva - totally misused term

3. All words that are mis-pronounced where the "R" is purpously left out

EX: gansta, rappa, sista.....and the list grows daily it seems :(

I'm sure I'll need to edit to add more, but for now...

1. alot [not really a word, but that's the problem]

2. sausagefest [please strike if that's overly crude - I wouldn't argue - hate it and most variations on it]

3. w00t

3. All words that are mis-pronounced where the "R" is purpously left out

EX: gansta, rappa, sista.....and the list :lol:grows daily it seems :(

Sista, that is ghetto! :lol:

Gubernatorial . . . it just sounds stupid, but it is used for politicians, so it makes sense. :lol:

Queef . . .please don't ask me what it mean, I'd rather not mention it. :blink:

Are there any words that you just can't stand? For me there's

"Amenity" - always shows up in smarmy advertising

"Iconic" - pretentious

"Veggie" - sounds like baby talk

Thanks. I had to get it off my chest! :D

I haven't even read the thread to which the word is affixed, but every time I see it, I just can't stand the word Imus. That particular surname just bugs me.

I hate the when people say a word wrong... or the wrong tense...

I hate when people say seen instead of saw, when they should say saw.

and I hate when people say supposibly instead of supposidly.

You mean supposedly?

If we're going to include misspellings and bad grammar (which could/should be a new thread on their own), then I've got the following little things that bug me (I admit, probably more than they should)...

1. y'all [for "y'all"]

2. definately [and other misspellings of "definitely"]

3. undoubtably [for "undoubtedly"]

4. overcorrection of "[x] and I" for "[x] and me" [correct: "so-and-so told Subdude and me"...]

5. it's [for "its" (not when used to mean "it is", which is correct) and vice versa]

Words I can't stand....................

Welfare

Unemployed

Lease

Interest ( people ask me ALL DAY "what's my interest rate ?" I ask, "How good is your credit?" They reply,( I don't have any good credit." My reply, "Your interest will be high." They say, "OH ?, nevermind then.", and hang up.)

Chubby (your child isn't chubby, he / she is being killed by you stuffing oreos down their throats !)

Smarmy ( sorry subdude, I really don't like that word, it just doesn't ring true to me.)

Snarky - Dane Cook (whom I find to be a total douche) uses it almost exclusively.

[tangent] I can not stand people who find Dane Cook funny. He lacks wit, he steals jokes, and he depends on spastic movements & loud noises to deliver his pathetic material.[/tangent]

Actually, Hoochie comes to mind!

...or Coochie, Cooch, or any other variations on the word.

He's not standup. He just fit the same description Jeebus gave for Cook. Anyone can be loud and irrelevant.

The difference, though, is that he's in roles that are intentionally meant to be loud and irrelevant. Dane Cook doesn't seem to mean to be irrelevant, he just is, as if by accident.

Dane is more IRREVERENT than irrelevent. He can't even write his own material for cryin out loud, steals from his fellow comedians, how disrespectful is that ?

I like how we are trying to stay on topic of the whole Dane Cook issue with still adding annoying word. ^_^

Picadilly, Tiddilywinks, Tit for tat, Diddle daddle!

Supposively - Not a word. First time I heard it was when I moved to Houston from the shopgirls at the Galleria.

Simular - Another non-word.

Neocon - So often misused that it's pointless now.

Unit - Instead of apartment or home.

Pleaded - This is a word that radio news anchors invented to use instead of "plead" so they wouldn't accidentally say "plead" while reading their scripts. Unfortunately, it got assimilated by TV anchors and the general population was similarly infected.

Broadcasted - Just sounds wrong to me.

Broadcast - Incorrect when people use it to describe stuff on cable (cablecast or telecast) or the internet (stream).

How about "nappy-haired?" I guess "nappy" is the new N-word.

Nothing wrong with the word "Coochie", thank you Charro !

Dane is more IRREVERENT than irrelevent. He can't even write his own material for cryin out loud, steals from his fellow comedians, how disrespectful is that ?

Charro

San Felipe when pronounced "San Filipee"

I haven't even read the thread to which the word is affixed, but every time I see it, I just can't stand the word Imus. That particular surname just bugs me.

You mean supposedly?

just because I can't spell doesn't mean I don't hate when it is mispronounced.

i'll add U-ston to the list (I know it as Houston)

I'll up the ante and add 'bling' to the list. Ick. Especially when used by upper middle class folks from the suburbs.

the middle class isn't rich enough to have bling bling, so they only have bling

i'll add U-ston to the list (I know it as Houston)

the middle class isn't rich enough to have bling bling, so they only have bling

Yeah, but they still use the word. Heck, the lower class can 'ill' (hehehe) afford it either, but they're the ones buying much of it.

I have a coworker that buys new watches and chains every time I turn around. And the stuff is ... well ... let's just say it's not my taste AT ALL. But he is very proud of it and shows it off every chance he gets.

Guest Marty
Finally, we agree on something. I was starting to get worried there for a moment. :blink:

That is what make's the World go around thier houstonmacbro. I would bet we would have a good time at a backyard Bar-B-Q. B)

Archived