Mosquito spraying

Guest Marty

Guest Marty

I just saw the first mosquito truck of the year going down the road in the southeast Spring area. In my area they spray once a month unless somebody complains about it to the HOA.

How often does the mosquito truck go down your street?

I just saw the first mosquito truck of the year going down the road in the southeast Spring area. In my area they spray once a month unless somebody complains about it to the HOA.

feel privileged. i don't think i've seen a truck since last summer

• 3 weeks later...

Do you mean spraying by the COH? I am just north of 1960 @ Cypress Station Drive and I have never seen the city spray. In fact, I've never seen city trucks or workers come to think of it. I do see the sheriff and the constables often (well ... not up close and personal, but I do see them patrol).

Guest Marty

Harris County Precinct 4 does the spaying where I live. Aldine Westfield @ Threachwig HOA complains to the county and the county starts spraying.

The Fog Man's coming, The Fog Man's coming ...

This thread reminded me that we had mosquito spraying even way back in the 50s and 60s. I can't remember how often they came, maybe once a week in the summer. What an innocent and carefree and STUPID time ... kids would love to run through "the fog" ... our parents wouldn't let us but they didn't always know, did they? I remember seeing some kid riding his bike right behind the truck in the thick of the stuff ... wonder what untold health miseries he has (or had) in later years.

The worst I would do was hold my breath and run through the thick cloud to the other side of the street where it was clear ... then do it again back to my yard. (cough cough).

The Fog Man's coming, The Fog Man's coming ...

This thread reminded me that we had mosquito spraying even way back in the 50s and 60s. I can't remember how often they came, maybe once a week in the summer. What an innocent and carefree and STUPID time ... kids would love to run through "the fog" ... our parents wouldn't let us but they didn't always know, did they? I remember seeing some kid riding his bike right behind the truck in the thick of the stuff ... wonder what untold health miseries he has (or had) in later years.

The worst I would do was hold my breath and run through the thick cloud to the other side of the street where it was clear ... then do it again back to my yard. (cough cough).

I should add, that back then, as I remember, this spraying was by private contractor hired by our neighborhood association.

I don't think it was done by any official government entity.

Archived