Sign in to follow this  
HOPbboy

USA Fitness

Anybody know what's happening to USA Health and Fitness' new gym?? I'm afraid I'm out 1 G! I signed our family as one of the first 100 charter members after we saw a sign that said 26000 sq ft gym coming soon. It was supposed to be complete by January of last year. When I called (MLK weekend), they told me it was building codes dragging them down, but there would be a truck on the land Tuesday starting construction. I drove by....sure enough it was true. But now, where the gym supposively was to be built, I see Chicago title and some blood bank. I checked the BBB website, and it looks as though they may have filed bankruptcy. Anybody know anything or have any advice? I still have my contract and receipts. I never even gotten so much as a letter.

Anybody know what's happening to USA Health and Fitness' new gym?? I'm afraid I'm out 1 G! I signed our family as one of the first 100 charter members after we saw a sign that said 26000 sq ft gym coming soon. It was supposed to be complete by January of last year. When I called (MLK weekend), they told me it was building codes dragging them down, but there would be a truck on the land Tuesday starting construction. I drove by....sure enough it was true. But now, where the gym supposively was to be built, I see Chicago title and some blood bank. I checked the BBB website, and it looks as though they may have filed bankruptcy. Anybody know anything or have any advice? I still have my contract and receipts. I never even gotten so much as a letter.

How did you pay? Maybe you can take it up with your credit card company?

Where exactly were they supposed to be opening? I have never even heard of this company.

They were located where Mely's used to be. USA Health and Fitness off of Broadway. They were opening a 26,000 sq foot facility in front of Sunrise lakes. Right now, the fitness facility by old Mely's says new owner, and the 26,000 square foot place is now the home of chicago title and a blood bank. That's a good idea with the credit card. I guess it's worth a shot. The only problem is, the transaction was made in 8/05.

Wait, you paid for something 2 years ago sight-unseen? Man, you place a lot of trust and faith in stuff. Especially something not even built yet. If nothing else, you have a court case to try and get your money back.

Sounds like a horrible scam. How dare they not volutarily refund the membership fees.

Looks like you need a good attorney.