Imus a racist?

houstonmacbro

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some white chicks on the team too, from what I saw on the press conference.

And really, this is the Michael Richards incident all over again.

Can they just take a joke, even if it is a really bad one? :rolleyes:

And personally, I'd wish they'd stop. As an African American I find it offensive no matter who says it. Unfortunately, there hasn't been the same outcry against Snoop Dogg (and his ilk) for his language as there should be.

Now, let a white or hispanic rapper say it and then there'd be a race war.

You need to check your facts. Hispanic and even Asian rappers drop N-bombs all album long. Only only rappers not dropping N-bombs are the few "whiteys" like Paul Wall & Eminem.

I wonder if any of these players would have ever known about Imus' comments if the media hadn't blown it up like this. Now they're going to meet with the guy...for what? How can anyone possibly benefit from that...

Did anyone get a chance to see the Today show this morning? They had Sharpton and Imus on at the same time while Matt Laur was grilling Imus. They then had a panel answering some questions during the next segment.

I don't understand Sharpton. Why did he even have Imus go on his radio show? Maybe a two week suspension isn't enough and maybe he should be fired. But I don't think his firing would even satisfy Sharpton. Imus can apologize until he's blue in the face and even stop making comments like that, and it still wouldn't be enough for him.

Imus wasn't necessarily making an excuse, but he did point out that everyone is acting like he's a news anchor when he made those comments. His argument is that he made those comments in the context of a comedy show, not reporting the news. He says that's not the way he feels, but that it was just part of the comedy. Do y'all think there's validity to that?

And I wonder how many people have actually listened to what he said in its context?

The sad thing is, this crap is approved by all colors. Just watch any HBO comedy special when it's someone not of Anglo decent. Their whole entire routine is making fun of their own color/culture. And who's in the audience? All colors/cultures. I mean, we should be able to take a joke, but at the same time we need to be more discerning.

Why rely on Imus, we should be the judge of Nappy!

Well, if this is NAPPY

adams_k.jpg

As a whitey, unless her hair is coarse, I don't see it in this photo, so NOT nappy! ^_^

ajavon_m.jpg

Styled in an updo, and definately has some chemical treatment, so NOT nappy! ^_^

carson_e.jpg

More attention could have been done to stylize the hair more, but it is obvious it was straighened, so NOT nappy!

jernigan_d.jpg

Better than the previous, and straighened as well, so NOT nappy!

junaid_r.jpg

I see a peacock behind her head, but other than that, NOT nappy! ^_^

mccurdy_m.jpg

Looks like anchor woman Sherry Williams hair do, but NOT nappy! ^_^

prince_e.jpg

This one is a toss up, braided hair does not need chemical treatment last I remember, so it can be nappy, but it is tamed with the braids, so NOT nappy "looking"! ^_^

ray_b.jpg

Da Brat look-a-like?, but NOT nappy! ^_^

vaughn_k.jpg

Nope, even curled, so NOT nappy! ^_^

zurich_h.jpg

Another white chick snuck on the team, so NOT nappy! ^_^

I think we have a 100% nappy free basket ball team, now the whole "ho" thing is another story I will leave alone for now. :ph34r:

Did anyone get a chance to see the Today show this morning? They had Sharpton and Imus on at the same time while Matt Laur was grilling Imus. They then had a panel answering some questions during the next segment.

I don't understand Sharpton. Why did he even have Imus go on his radio show? Maybe a two week suspension isn't enough and maybe he should be fired. But I don't think his firing would even satisfy Sharpton. Imus can apologize until he's blue in the face and even stop making comments like that, and it still wouldn't be enough for him.

Imus wasn't necessarily making an excuse, but he did point out that everyone is acting like he's a news anchor when he made those comments. His argument is that he made those comments in the context of a comedy show, not reporting the news. He says that's not the way he feels, but that it was just part of the comedy. Do y'all think there's validity to that?

And I wonder how many people have actually listened to what he said in its context?

The sad thing is, this crap is approved by all colors. Just watch any HBO comedy special when it's someone not of Anglo decent. Their whole entire routine is making fun of their own color/culture. And who's in the audience? All colors/cultures. I mean, we should be able to take a joke, but at the same time we need to be more discerning.

Yes, they were doing a "skit". The media has taken it waaayyyy out of context. Ridiculous! We have such a huge double-standard in this country, it makes me want to spew nappy headed Rutgers womens' basketball players, black and white!

Yes, they were doing a "skit". The media has taken it waaayyyy out of context. Ridiculous! We have such a huge double-standard in this country, it makes me want to spew nappy headed Rutgers womens' basketball players, black and white!

MAD TV does this stuff all the time as the norm. It has won numerous Emmy'sfor their spoofs & skits too. The show just goes on and on growing in popularity since 1995. Same guys that wrote for In living Color. Quincy Jones even produces it. You can even create your own skit send in and they could air it. :wacko:

I wanna spew too!

But Imus is still a tool.

I should probably be embarrassed to admit it, but before all this came up I don't believe I had even heard of this Imus fellow. From what I've read though, your assessment seems right on the money. As I said above, he certainly seems to be no gentleman. I don't know why people want to listen to that sort of thing.

I should probably be embarrassed to admit it, but before all this came up I don't believe I had even heard of this Imus fellow. From what I've read though, your assessment seems right on the money. As I said above, he certainly seems to be no gentleman. I don't know why people want to listen to that sort of thing.

I had never heard of him either until I was flipping through the stations a couple weeks ago. His show was dumb. Not funny.

Like I mentioned somewhere, his show is boring. Who wants to sit there and watch him broadcast a radio show. Not like they are going on location or something. I mean, it is just cameras of him in a studio talking.

I'd much rather listen to radio than WATCH it.

I had never heard of him either until I was flipping through the stations a couple weeks ago. His show was dumb. Not funny.

Maybe we should start a poll?

I have never heard of this nobody either! :ph34r:

so dont feel like the Lone Ranger my friend.

Whoever the hell he is he must be another Howard Stern or Andre Dice Clay type of anus.

Ignorant comments, but not worthy of being fired over. There is a freedom of speech, so we're all free to show our ignorance...but of course, our employers also have the freedom to fire us at will (unless you're a civil servant).

Doesn't all this uproar over a stupid remark by a person who's pretty meaningless in our lives make you wonder why the public doesn't get this upset over things that REALLY MATTER?!?

Ignorant comments, but not worthy of being fired over. There is a freedom of speech, so we're all free to show our ignorance...but of course, our employers also have the freedom to fire us at will (unless you're a civil servant).

Doesn't all this uproar over a stupid remark by a person who's pretty meaningless in our lives make you wonder why the public doesn't get this upset over things that REALLY MATTER?!?

I agree, he asked for forgiveness from the team. Everyone deserves a second chance imo, but the media is saying Imus does this stuff all the time. When will he stop?

Let's hope none of these young ladies make it to the WNBA or any other professional-level sports team. If they can't handle what Imus said, are they going to run off the court to the TV cameras every time they hear a little trash talk?

Forget sports -- anywhere in life. Life is hard. Not everyone is going to be nice to you. Get used to it, and get over yourselves.

Let's hope none of these young ladies make it to the WNBA or any other professional-level sports team. If they can't handle what Imus said, are they going to run off the court to the TV cameras every time they hear a little trash talk?

Forget sports -- anywhere in life. Life is hard. Not everyone is going to be nice to you. Get used to it, and get over yourselves.

They appeared one time today on television to resond to just one of Imus's 7th grade slurs. That doesn't mean they won't go to the WNBA or any other professional-level sports team even though you hope they won't. On the other hand, Imus has a talk show to throw around racial epitaths at young women he clearly knows nothing about. Get over yourself.

I agree, he asked for forgiveness from the team. Everyone deserves a second chance imo, but the media is saying Imus does this stuff all the time. When will he stop?

just to play devil's advocate, he never apologized or did MSNBC say anything until ridiculous Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson said something. That entire thing was a joke also, because all that happened was he pretended to apologize. which I don't know if he should have or not, but either way he just did to shut them up. And then Al was on there promoting his show and his website. The whole thing was joke. The only good thing that has come out of this is Rutgers has received a lot of press this year, and likely applications will go up next year and they probably did this year.

I don't understand the "get over yourselves" comment. To my knowledge, they aren't the ones complaining. If you feel someone has insulted you editor, don't you have the right to address it? Especially if that person is a repeat offender.

I don't understand the "get over yourselves" comment. To my knowledge, they aren't the ones complaining. If you feel someone has insulted you editor, don't you have the right to address it? Especially if that person is a repeat offender.

Maybe editor didn't know. But yeah, in defense of the girls, it's not them making the fuss. It's the media.

Archived