Coast Guard saves a guy from a tree

editor

File this under "your tax dollars at work."

HOUSTON (Reuters) - The

U.S. Coast Guard plucked a man and his pet bird from a 75-foot (23-meter) tree on Tuesday evening after he became stranded while trying to coax the creature out of the branches.

"Local rescue units including ladder trucks ... were not able to get close enough to the tree due to the proximity of the houses," the Coast Guard said in a statement.

Full story

I guess it's good practice for the Guard, but I think they should bill the guy.

(BTW: Filed under the "City Hall" section because there is no "Federal Hall" section.)

Guest Marty

I thought it was funny because i saw it on CNN first at the shop. A lot of them guy's in NE Harris/ SE Montgomery County are natural tree climbers. aka installing antennas in the top of pine trees for only 50 dollars so they can talk to each other across the County.

I thought it was funny because i saw it on CNN first at the shop. A lot of them guy's in NE Harris/ SE Montgomery County are natural tree climbers. aka installing antennas in the top of pine trees for only 50 dollars so they can talk to each other across the County.

All I know is that dude (in the tree) needs to get a woman bad. That bird attraction is a bit much. Surprised he didnt get something at Victoria's Secret for it. Simply unnatural.

Now thats gonna ruffle a few feathers. :)

Archived