Windsor Memorial Apartments: Multifamily High-Rise At 3131 Memorial Cr.

TheNiche

I think he may have saved it when some of the original articles were active since I recall seeing it elsewhere.

The same rendering is also featured on the architect's website in the residential section of their portfolio under the name "Memorial Drive". I've also seen the vague mention of "Fall 2007" as a date for groundbreaking. Is that still correct?

Thanks. But I didn't see anything about it on the developers website either: http://www.fairfield-residential.net/index.htm

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet! That's the second highrise over there. It is beginning to look like Houston has yet another skyline with AIG's 40 story tower, American General, Royalton and the new 25 story luxury condo tower. The location is about as good as it gets. B)

I thought AIG's story never got built? or did it?

AIG Building is the 40 story American General tower that has been there for a long time. Just this year AIG put its name in big letters at the top. Anyhow, it is the tallest building in that cluster of buildings neartown. So, the 25 story condo should make this, along with the Royalton and the others over there, a mini skyline between downtown and uptown.

• 2 months later...
Isn't AIG that tall building next to Waugh Bridge where the bats live?

There are some "notice of variance request- memorial heights redevelopment" signs that just surrounded the Archstone Memorial Heights apartments a few days ago. Does anyone know what's up with those? These apartments are adjacent to the Ed Sachs place that this 25 story project is being built. Hope I am not getting kicked out soon like the people at Allen House

• 2 weeks later...
lockmatPosted Friday, October 5th, 2007 @ 1:15pm Oh. You're right. Thanks.

Has AIG already been built?

This confused me because I missed or had forgotten that Houston's prominent independent insurer American General had finally gotten big enough that the flush Yankees at 70 Pine St. in lower Manhattan fixed up a buyout. American International Group calls the shots now on Allen Parkway (the building used to house Continental Airlines before it moved to 1600 Smith St., by the way).

There are some "notice of variance request- memorial heights redevelopment" signs that just surrounded the Archstone Memorial Heights apartments a few days ago. Does anyone know what's up with those? These apartments are adjacent to the Ed Sachs place that this 25 story project is being built. Hope I am not getting kicked out soon like the people at Allen House

My friend is a landscape architect and he told me that Archstone IS planning to tear the current apartments down and build some higher-rent apartments on that site to get more for their money. His firm bid on the landscaping for the new apartments. Seems a little strange to me, since those apartments are not that old and look nice. It's weird that Archstone hasn't told it's residents... I'd definitely be pissed... good luck.

The archstone? Aren't those 5 or 6 storey apartments over on the north side of I-10? Those are the only ones that I think that are fairly (5-8 years old) new.

No, it's in between heights and studemont on washington. It occupies the entire southern side of Washington on that block. It's relatively new but pretty low end for the neighborhood. It's a huge lot and the space isn't used very efficiently (exclusively surface parking.) Most of the other complexes in the area have much nicer apartments and use their space a lot more efficiently. I hope the redesigned complex allows for some retail along the washington side.

• 2 weeks later...

hou_legacyatmemorial.jpg

http://www.globest.com/news/1082_1082/houston/167822-1.html

Legacy, CalPERS Starting $75M Residential Tower

By Amy Wolff Sorter Email this story | Printer-friendly | Reprints

Legacy at Memorial

HOUSTON-Legacy Partners Residential Development Inc. and equity partner CalPERS have cleared the site and are preparing to break ground on their 330-unit Legacy at Memorial. The project, which will exceed $75 million of all-in costs, has 15% of the apartments dedicated for affordable housing.

The partnership acquired the 3.3 acres at Studemont Street and Memorial Drive in April 2007, with plans to break ground last September. "It took awhile to redesign the building and rework the plans," explains Spencer Stuart Jr., senior vice president and Texas partner for the Foster City, CA-based Legacy Partners tells GlobeSt.com. ....

The project, which will exceed $75 million of all-in costs, has 15% of the apartments dedicated for affordable housing. ...

hou_legacyatmemorial.jpg

http://www.globest.com/news/1082_1082/houston/167822-1.html

HOUSTON-Legacy Partners Residential Development Inc. and equity partner CalPERS have cleared the site and are preparing to break ground on their 330-unit Legacy at Memorial. ...

There's a crane that went up north of Memorial in this general area at least a week ago. I was assuming that was for this project. Am I mistaken, or is the article a little behind?

There's a crane that went up north of Memorial in this general area at least a week ago. I was assuming that was for this project. Am I mistaken, or is the article a little behind?

I think the crane you are referring to is for something else to the west of this project. I don't know what it is, but it is closer to Waugh.

Archived