Windsor Memorial Apartments: Multifamily High-Rise At 3131 Memorial Cr.

TheNiche

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a crane that went up north of Memorial in this general area at least a week ago. I was assuming that was for this project. Am I mistaken, or is the article a little behind?

I live next door to this. All they have done thus far is move dirt around.

Is Mr. Swamplot a haif contributor or lurker?

I think he's inbetween. I've seen him post once or twice here, but not often enough that I remember his username. The more I read his blog, the more respect I have for it. I usually don't like blogs, but I like his.

My only complaint is that he uses that phrase that most bloggers do, "...more information after the jump." I really have no idea what that means. I've never seen an ad or anything between that phrase and whatever it's teasing.

I think he's inbetween. I've seen him post once or twice here, but not often enough that I remember his username. The more I read his blog, the more respect I have for it. I usually don't like blogs, but I like his.

My only complaint is that he uses that phrase that most bloggers do, "...more information after the jump." I really have no idea what that means. I've never seen an ad or anything between that phrase and whatever it's teasing.

You never click on the link that takes you to the permenant link, in which he gives more information on what he's blogging about?

This thing is moving along pretty quickly... certainly faster than did 2727 Kirby at the start. So far, they've dug trenches for what I assume will be the base of the structure. They have at least twice the amount of workers on site right now (or at least this morning) as they did on 2727 Kirby when they were working the grounds to layout the base.

And the more I scope out the area, I really like the potential of this tower given its surroundings.

This thing is moving along pretty quickly... certainly faster than did 2727 Kirby at the start. So far, they've dug trenches for what I assume will be the base of the structure. They have at least twice the amount of workers on site right now (or at least this morning) as they did on 2727 Kirby when they were working the grounds to layout the base.

And the more I scope out the area, I really like the potential of this tower given its surroundings.

I couldn't agree with you more Hiz. The location is superb and this tower will add to that ever growing Montrose/Allen Pkwy/Memorial skyline. And you gotta hand it to Legacy Partners, they announced, started work and will complete on schedule. Besides, I think the final product will be more appealing than the rendering.

You never click on the link that takes you to the permenant link, in which he gives more information on what he's blogging about?

Is that like the way newspaper write, "read more in section D, page 15, column 4?" I hate that stuff. Tell me or don't tell me. Don't make me work for it.

Is that like the way newspaper write, "read more in section D, page 15, column 4?" I hate that stuff. Tell me or don't tell me. Don't make me work for it.

Sort of, yeah. It's usually just more detailed information and it's a page devoted soley to that 'article' in case you want to link to only it.

• 3 weeks later...

i live on Memorial Heights Drive in the Perry Townhomes.....I'm loving the parade of dump trucks every day.......along with all the crap they drop up and down the street....it's like a drag race of dump trucks....I'm already sick of the construction process.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This project is nice. I'm working a on pedestrian bridge that will cross over memorial and the Buffalo Bayou for TIRZ #5.

I have have to run all the hydraulic designs so the bridge doesn't impact flooding.

There are also planning a bunch of trails in the area especially when the Archstone Memorial Apartment are torn down to build a West Ave style town center.

Just picture street front retail along Washington Ave.....

It's preliminary, but they already made some variance requests from the Planning Commission and are working with Super Neighborhood 22 and TIRZ #.

Archstone Memorial Heights will be coming down.

I'm working a on pedestrian bridge that will cross over memorial and the Buffalo Bayou for TIRZ #5.

I have have to run all the hydraulic designs so the bridge doesn't impact flooding.

There are also planning a bunch of trails in the area especially when the Archstone Memorial Apartment are torn down to build a West Ave style town center.

A pedestrian bridge would be awesome. This area will really be transforming into a more walkable area over the next few years. There will be a lot to do in this area between: the developments at Regent Square, the Whole Foods and accompanying developments on W. Dallas between Waugh/Montrose, the parks along Buffalo Bayou, and everything North of the Bayou including the new Studemont tower, the Archstone development, and the existing residential in Memorial Heights.

This area is going to be a great place in 3 years or so. Having a pedestrian bridge would make it even that much better. With so much development on both sides of the Bayou, it would be a shame to have no way to walk across.

This project is nice. I'm working a on pedestrian bridge that will cross over memorial and the Buffalo Bayou for TIRZ #5.

That is the coolest thing I've heard in a long time. I always tell my wife that we need a pedestrian bridge over the bayou where the railroad trestle used to be so you can enjoy both sides without walking all the way to the downtwown bridge or take you life in your hands on memorial where the bayou bends. Can't wait to see where it is going.

Kind of off topic, but I'd love to seem them put a pedestrian bridge over Allen Parkway at Dunlavy. Between Regent Square and the Royalton, it would get used. I see tons of people standing on the medians in the middle of Allen Parkway trying to cross and someday someon is going to get splat. There is even a triangle shaped median thing right where Allen Parkway splits eastbound at dunlavy that would be a great place to start one end.

I use the Bayou a lot and it just needs a few things to make it really great.

The West End/Rice Military areas are benefiting from not having the LRT in place like midtown which caused land prices to skyrocket out of wack with what developers to could make a profit with.

Washington Avenue is being targeted because the land values are relatively good to support projects like this.

Anyone wonder why the Calais and the MIX in Midtown aren't on the LRT and instead are located along Smith/Louisiana? It's because they'll get more traffic and business away from the LRT.

You can call a developer greedy, but they are very rarely stupid.

The West End/Rice Military areas are benefiting from not having the LRT in place like midtown which caused land prices to skyrocket out of wack with what developers to could make a profit with.

Washington Avenue is being targeted because the land values are relatively good to support projects like this.

Anyone wonder why the Calais and the MIX in Midtown aren't on the LRT and instead are located along Smith/Louisiana? It's because they'll get more traffic and business away from the LRT.

You can call a developer greedy, but they are very rarely stupid.

Nice take. That's a shame. At least there's some development going in around the high priced LRT area. It doesn't make for as nice of scenic drive along the line, but the objective still gets done although not as close. I'm guessing it'll fill in eventually, right?

Yeah,

I think it'll fill in too, but that'll happen when critical mass occurs and/or government incentives exist to develop. I'm completely against the government incentives. It won't happen naturally, then it shouldn't move forward.

The beauty of Houston development is that is happens without zoning in a natural way. Zoning would be man interfering.

Yeah,

It won't happen naturally, then it shouldn't move forward.

The beauty of Houston development is that is happens without zoning in a natural way. Zoning would be man interfering.

I guess "man" is not natural? May be women are natural and men are cyborgs.

Interesting. B)

Archived